Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mad. Southern Interviews

Featured Replies

It wont be Campbellsville because Perry Thomas just got there. KY Wesleyan, KCU, Kstate, Cumberlands, Centre, Thomas Moore, Georgetown, the list goes on and on....

Maybe it was offered to Northern Kentucky's head coach..... or perhaps Transy's....lol

  • Replies 135
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True HitStick! I don't really get impressed with small college coaches at D-2 schools and NAIA. Cronin is a great coach and Thomas at Campbellsville might be ok also. It just makes me think that if they were that good, then they would move up in the college ranks where they might actually make some money. Assistants at NAIA/D-2 like KY Weslyan barely make enough to survive on.

You are way mistaken about the coaching ability of coaches at the small college level. Most are pretty good coaches. I would have to say that the new coach would be the coach at KY Weslyean. I know that he interviewed for the North Hardin job as well.

The plot thickens. I can assure you, Coach Thomas from C-ville was not in the mix. And for the record, a lot of those small colleges have coaches that have worked their way up the ranks from high school. Like Cronin and Thomas both did.

I'd say you can probably rule out Centre's head coach too. This will be Coach Frye's 10th year as Centre's head man.

Centre has a team??? Just kidding :)

What about Bert Brown from Perry Central. He is from the Richmond area isnt he? Would he be a good hire for Madison Southern? Im not sure Brown has applied though.

You are way mistaken about the coaching ability of coaches at the small college level. Most are pretty good coaches. I would have to say that the new coach would be the coach at KY Weslyean. I know that he interviewed for the North Hardin job as well.

 

Have they hired a coach at North Hardin yet?

Have they hired a coach at North Hardin yet?

 

I found the answer to my question.

  • Author

It won't be Cronin, he's got it way too good where he's at.

It has been offered to a current head coach of a college in Ky!

 

Is it officially a secret or are you just enjoying the attention?

True HitStick! I don't really get impressed with small college coaches at D-2 schools and NAIA. Cronin is a great coach and Thomas at Campbellsville might be ok also. It just makes me think that if they were that good, then they would move up in the college ranks where they might actually make some money. Assistants at NAIA/D-2 like KY Weslyan barely make enough to survive on.

 

I never said anything about the quality of coaching. I know that Coach Thomas is a great coach. Alot of the coachs of the schools listed are great coaches, Cronin, Frye, and even Thomas More's coach (name?) are all great coaches. Sometimes the assistants are just ex-players, and that doesnt always mean that those are the best quality, but i know that just being a head coach at any college level makes them qualified for high school jobs.

Centre has a team??? Just kidding :)

 

:laugh:

It has been offered to a current head coach of a college in Ky!

I can't remember his name but is this the one that used to play for the New Orleans Saints?

I thought they may have went after the coach from Clay Co.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.