Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mad. Southern Interviews

Featured Replies

  • Author

I have heard interviews are today until about 4:30.

  • Replies 135
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who all is interviewing for this job? Give us a list

  • Author

Any word on yesterday's interviews?

Any news?? When is the announcement supposed to be made?

 

Hopefully Monday, no matter who gets this job, I'll say this the adminstration is to blame at Southern, for their inconsistent years. Coach Carter resigned the first week of December, and the principal and A.D. still haven't figured on a coach. These kids have been wthout a head coach for two months. Yes coaches have been working with the players during the winter, but no athlete at any level should go that long without a Head coach. This has gone on during every coaching process at Southern. A resposible decision should always be made when hiring a coach, but waiting around leaves doubt in players (IMO). I think this decision should have been made at least three weeks ago, and interviewing 9 people in one day raises the question on how well they could make a decision on a coaches character etc.? Whoever gets this job is in for an uphill battle.

Hopefully Monday, no matter who gets this job, I'll say this the adminstration is to blame at Southern, for their inconsistent years. Coach Carter resigned the first week of December, and the principal and A.D. still haven't figured on a coach. These kids have been wthout a head coach for two months. Yes coaches have been working with the players during the winter, but no athlete at any level should go that long without a Head coach. This has gone on during every coaching process at Southern. A resposible decision should always be made when hiring a coach, but waiting around leaves doubt in players (IMO). I think this decision should have been made at least three weeks ago, and interviewing 9 people in one day raises the question on how well they could make a decision on a coaches character etc.? Whoever gets this job is in for an uphill battle.

 

Sorry...Coach Carter resigned the first week of November, so the kids haven't had a head coach for THREE MONTHS...The Coach should have been named way sooner than that.

I think Scenters is the great fit for this job. I can't really speak of any other candidate, but Mark would be wonderful. He is ready to lead a program.

They did the exact same thing when Shane Buttry was hired 5-6 years ago to coach the basketball team. They waited around until it seemed like forever. I also think interviewing 9 people is a joke.

Any word out of Berea????

Everyone is still waiting. I bet it won't be too long though. Some have said by the end of the day. I'm not sure. It may take until Wednesday, but that is just my speculation, from how long it really took to get the ball rolling.

The info that I have is that the committee narrowed it down to three coaches.

Oh man....now we'll have another round of this. This one may be worse than the Scott and Rowan threads on who will finally have it.

It has been offered to a current head coach of a college in Ky!

WHAT???? Who/Were??? You're obviously an insider, so what's up???

UK, UL, Western, Eastern, and Murrary are out of the mix because they pay way to much to move down to high school. If I was guessing it would be a KY Weslyan or something like that, which probably makes similar to a high school teacher salary and coaching pay.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.