Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mad. Southern Interviews

Featured Replies

Is he going to teach something at Southern. Does he have a teacher certification? On ESB it does not show him with one.

  • Replies 135
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor is that 3 of the applicants at Madison Southern have already contacted Garrard about their position. That could mean they are out already. Don't know which three, but at least three.

 

I would imagine Lincoln, Garrard and Madison Southern are all getting similar applications. The slowness of Lincoln and Southern to make their hires might be a blessing for Garrard County.

 

As for Southern, I would like to see them make a good choice for once. It seems like they hire the same guy every couple of years, only with a different name. I've always thought Southern was a place that a coach could be successful at. Hopefully the new hire (whoever and whenever to be determined!) will help that program make strides.

Who is the Coach?

 

Been waiting forever to hear. I think somewhere earlier in the thread it was said that we would know by Wednesday. Who knows!

I agree that Southern and Lincoln's slothfullness in their coaching hire has gotten some applicants worried. I wouldnt be surprised to see Garrard get all applications from these coaches. Honestly they must be thinking that if Southern or Lincoln liked them as possible coaches then they wouldnt be dragging their feet soo much.

Go Garrard!

Looks like everyone getting out for snow has slowed this one down. I can't believe coaches/teachers would be doing this during a work day....shame, shame....hahahhaha

Brumley and Scenters were both at the basketball game tonight. This job is hush hush. I was told tonight it may be next week before a decision is made. I think it is pretty funny Scenters shows up at the first Southern game I have ever seen him at 4 days after interviews were held. I think it looks really bad on the Southern administration to let this drag on this long. Carter resigned in November and it is February 13th and we still don't have a coach.

Brumley and Scenters were both at the basketball game tonight. This job is hush hush. I was told tonight it may be next week before a decision is made. I think it is pretty funny Scenters shows up at the first Southern game I have ever seen him at 4 days after interviews were held. I think it looks really bad on the Southern administration to let this drag on this long. Carter resigned in November and it is February 13th and we still don't have a coach.

 

I thought that they were going to hire the coach from Kentucky Wesylan. I guess I was wrong. :sssh:

Does anyone know anything ASIDE from speculation? Who interviewed? Who was turned down? Who is still a finalist? etc...

 

No offense, but I am not that worried about who anyone wants right now. After 3 pages of everyone explaining why their candidate is better than everyone elses, I think it is time for some facts....If anyone has them :D

Someone has been offered the job and once again the administration is waiting on him to answer, its still a waiting game. This comes from Crumjr who would know.

Someone has been offered the job and once again the administration is waiting on him to answer, its still a waiting game. This comes from Crumjr who would know.

 

If someone applied and interveiwed for the job looks like they would know if they wanted it or not, without having to through another waiting period. Is it still the guy from Ky. Wesylan?

I agree Trees. That's like the shananigans that is going on at Scott High. Why would people interview, if they didn't want the job? What other profession does this happen in?

 

Lawfirm Interview:

 

Applicant:

"I will work hard and be a productive member of the firm..."

 

Firm:

"Okay, son, welcome to the firm. The job is yours...."

 

Applicant:

"uhhh...well, actually....let me get back with you on that one...

 

 

 

Yeah, long and drawn out, but I think I made my point.

I agree Trees. That's like the shananigans that is going on at Scott High. Why would people interview, if they didn't want the job? What other profession does this happen in?

 

Lawfirm Interview:

 

Applicant:

"I will work hard and be a productive member of the firm..."

 

Firm:

"Okay, son, welcome to the firm. The job is yours...."

 

Applicant:

"uhhh...well, actually....let me get back with you on that one...

 

 

 

Yeah, long and drawn out, but I think I made my point.

 

:thumb: Makes you wonder about the committment of that person to your prgram?

Geez, people!

 

A. You apply for the job.

B. You are granted an interview.

C. You are called back in offered a job with a certain salary and under certain conditions.

D. If you want something different, you make a counter offer. Perhaps asking for more control, more assistants, more money, etc.

E. School makes counter offer.

F. You spend a couple days considering counter offer or negotiating.

 

It's not necessarily the dark, sinister, conspiracy that it is being made out to be. Personally, I would want all parties to take their time and make sure all the right steps are being taken.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.