Cincinnati Reds Opening Day Lineup

If the reds were to start the season today, what would the line-up look like. Not saying this will be it, but mine would be something like this.

CF- Bruce

1B- Hatteberg/2B Phillips

RF- Griffey

2B- Phillips/Lf Dunn

Lf- Dunn/ 3b EE

3B- EE/ 1b Votto

SS- Gonzo

C- Ross

P- Harang

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: Not sure on the batting order, but definitely agree with this lineup. The only thing you left out was Harang in the 9th spot. ;)

pretty much the same as this year and you saw where it got us.. Not so sure these guys have improved this much since last season..

Its time for a change!

pretty much the same as this year and you saw where it got us.. Not so sure these guys have improved this much since last season..

Its time for a change!

Unless they bring someone else in, where is the change except for maybe Votto for Hatteburg. But isn't Votto more of the same in the lineup?

And last year had more to do with collaspe of the bullpen than the lineup.

Unless they bring someone else in, where is the change except for maybe Votto for Hatteburg. But isn't Votto more of the same in the lineup?

And last year had more to do with collaspe of the bullpen than the lineup.

True.. Bullpen is where the change is needed!

Hatteburg is their best hitter for average if they play him everyday...

True.. Bullpen is where the change is needed!

Hatteburg is their best hitter for average if they play him everyday...

Why I had him in the 2nd slot behind hopefully someone on base and in front of the big bats. Phillips should get some protection from having Dunner behind him.

It might be beneficial to switch Dunn and JR and let Dunn's OBP give Phillips and JR some more RBI chances.

Why sadly regarding Gonzo? He's the best SS they have. I hope you don't think Keppinger should be there.

I think Phillps, should be there and Keppy at second...Gonzo is getting older and had like a career year hitting last year, I dont expect that to happen again. Also with the fact that he is getting older, his defense is getting a little bit more sloppy. I would love to have Phillips over there, and Keppy at second. Because this team needs a guy like Keppy in the order because he is someone who actually hits for average and could drive in a big run or two in tight situations, which always seem to be a problem of ours..

Its time for a change!

In the case of BP, E5 and Dunn, they are all one step closer to their prime, and the maturity that comes along with it. I expect all to do better than last year. And you have to figure we'll at least see some of Bruce and Votto this year.

This lineup will score more runs than last year.