January 25, 200818 yr How is Gonzo's son doing? Have their been any updates? I haven't heard anything, but I'd say that's a good thing....
January 26, 200818 yr Why sadly regarding Gonzo? He's the best SS they have. I hope you don't think Keppinger should be there. I think Keppy should be in the lineup everyday. If that means moving Phillips over then so be it. The Reds need hitters who are going to hit for a high average and get on base for the big guys to drive in.
January 26, 200818 yr I think Keppy should be in the lineup everyday. If that means moving Phillips over then so be it. The Reds need hitters who are going to hit for a high average and get on base for the big guys to drive in. So he had a good two months...I'm sure every player has gone through a two month streak like that at somepoint in their lives. His just happened to be in the spotlight. He's a solid guy off the bench who will give you a good AB every time, but I don't feel he's an everyday player.
January 26, 200818 yr Well you would hope the new closer, Cordero, does his job and we can use Burton as his set-up man. If that happens you have the 8th and 9th innings wrapped up. Your gonna mix guys in the 6th and 7th based on the situation and the hitters to bat and so forth. The REDS offense has been good enough over the past few seasons to keep you in games. If Belisle can continue what he did at the end of last season then you have 3 very solid starters. If one more guy out of the many they will try in that 4 and 5 spot steps up, it could be an interesting season. I like the Affeldt signing a bunch!
January 26, 200818 yr CF Hopper 2B Phillips RF Griffey LF Dunn 3B Encarnacion SS Keppinger/ Gonzalez (mostly Gonzo though) 1B Votto/ Hatteburg (situational, mostly Votto) C Ross P Harang
January 26, 200818 yr Is that the reason he kicked it around last year? For the millionth time, his young son was deathly ill most of the season. I'll give him a pass for his mind not being 100 percent on the game. And even with a few errors, he still got to WAAAAAYYYYY more balls than Lopez would ever dream of.
January 26, 200818 yr For the millionth time, his young son was deathly ill most of the season. I'll give him a pass for his mind not being 100 percent on the game. And even with a few errors, he still got to WAAAAAYYYYY more balls than Lopez would ever dream of. So he couldn't play defense because his son was deathly ill, but he could have a great season at the plate? Can't have it both ways.
January 26, 200818 yr So he couldn't play defense because his son was deathly ill, but he could have a great season at the plate? Can't have it both ways. Actually I think its a lot easier concentrating for 5-6 pitches at the most than 10-15 minutes at a time per inning in the field. He might have averaged 4 AB's a game compared to 40 batters a game.
January 26, 200818 yr So he couldn't play defense because his son was deathly ill, but he could have a great season at the plate? Can't have it both ways. If you noticed, a great deal of his errors were easy, routine plays, which is a classic example of his not being able to keep his mind to task. Actually I think its a lot easier concentrating for 5-6 pitches at the most than 10-15 minutes at a time per inning in the field. He might have averaged 4 AB's a game compared to 40 batters a game. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
January 26, 200818 yr Is that the reason he kicked it around last year? Gonzo can get to balls that Keppy couldn't even dream bout getting. I'll give him a break since the other Reds SS in recent memory wouldn't have thought about touching most of those balls.
January 26, 200818 yr Keppy needs to be there. Pretty close defensively and much better suited for the offense. The Reds need table setters and Keppy is one.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.