Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Selection Sunday

Featured Replies

The selection committee looks at the end of the season more then the beginning...They will take in consideration the new coach and ALL the injuries we have had to overcome. I think if we finish strong we can easily get in as a 11 or 12 and be a VERY dangerous team...

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they continue to rack up losses it's not going to matter IMO. I almsot think they will have to win the SEC tourney to get in which is very possible. They won't be the favorite but they have shown that they can play with anybody in the country.

I'll be shocked if this UK team gets in... But I'd absolutely LOVE to see it.

The way were playing I wouldn't doubt us in the SEC tournament on a neutral court anything can happen.

I think we need to go 12-4 in the SEC and win a couple in the SEC tourney to get an at-large. While possible, not very likely.

I think we need to go 12-4 in the SEC and win a couple in the SEC tourney to get an at-large. While possible, not very likely.

 

It would take a monumental shift, but if Bradley and Crawford continue to play better than they have the last three years, who knows?

At this point I still don't see UK making the dance unless they win another 8 or 9 games and have an above average showing in the sec tournament.

 

I will say this though, if they some how do make the tournament, they aren't a team I would want to play as a 1 or 2 seed team.

UK will have to win the SEC tournament to make it to the Big Dance.

 

Unless they win 12 games in the SEC and 2 games in the tourney.

I agree with what's been posted above, today, I say no. But 12 more wins and a semifinal in the SEC touney I'd say they're definitely in.

I agree with what's been posted above, today, I say no. But 12 more wins and a semifinal in the SEC touney I'd say they're definitely in.

 

That is my thinking. I'm not sure that they will be able to do that - although last night shows me that they are capable. With that accomplishment, they would have 22 wins (with at least 2 wins over ranked opponents), which I think would definately put them in. They need to continue to defense Rupp in the SEC and they'll have to pick up some road wins along the way.

IMO the Cats can lose no more tham 3 more games (counting the SEC tourny) to have a chance at the dance.

 

That would mean going 10-2 down the stretch. Plus probably at least one SEC tourny win. That's a tall order.

I say 11-5 or 12-4 conference record and getting to the Finals of the SEC would give us a great chance but we will have to awfully lucky to get either of those records. I do think it is possible though.

Allow me to ask this question with NO sarcasm on my part:

 

Do wins over the #5 and #12 team cancel out the bad losses come selection sunday?

 

Basically, do the quality wins outweigh the bad losses, TODAY.

 

Playoffs, you are talking about Playoffs?? :irked:. Playoffs? :scared:, I just want to win another game........Playoffs? Geez......:rolleyes:

 

:p:p:thumb:

If they continue to rack up losses it's not going to matter IMO. I almsot think they will have to win the SEC tourney to get in which is very possible. They won't be the favorite but they have shown that they can play with anybody in the country.

 

:thumb: Right now I agree with you. IMO it would take these Cats getting on one heck of a run and then going to the finals of the SEC Tourney at least. I will not count them out at this point and I hope that they can make it. Just doesn't look very likely.

The only way that UK gets in the NCAA tournament, without winning the SEC, is to get on a hot streak and only lose 2 more games max. That means they would have to go 12-4 in the SEC. It could happen...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.