Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Selection Sunday

Featured Replies

Allow me to ask this question with NO sarcasm on my part:

 

Do wins over the #5 and #12 team cancel out the bad losses come selection sunday?

 

Basically, do the quality wins outweigh the bad losses, TODAY.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on what happens here on out...

To early too tell. Wait one month and ask this question...

UK will have to win the SEC tournament to make it to the Big Dance.

Win 9 in SEC and advance 2 deep in the Tourney and they get a 12 seed.

I think that if UK continues to play well and get some wins then the voters are going to overlook the loses because of injuries.....

If they win 10-12 more games they are in the dance

As of today, I say no... because they still have those losses to Gardner-Webb and San Diego State. One of those losses might not have been too bad, but two of them are. Those are the kinds of losses that kill a team. But I do agree it's to early to tell at this point of the season. Too many key games left.

  • Author

Oh okay, I agree guys I am just saying as in right now do the wins balance out the losses.

 

I also think the have a lot of work to do but how much did the two big wins help, assuming UT and Vandy don't turn into Clemson 2006-2007

Don't get too happy with yourselves and go putting the cart in front of the horse. You guys need to worry about getting above .500 first.

Oh okay, I agree guys I am just saying as in right now do the wins balance out the losses.

 

I also think the have a lot of work to do but how much did the two big wins help, assuming UT and Vandy don't turn into Clemson 2006-2007

 

Barely. You're still ignoring the fact that most folks view the SEC as EXTREMELY down this year. In other words, the conference will be lucky to get four NCAA bids.

Now that the NCAA owns the NIT, I'd say if it's close, they will pass over UK so that they can have them in the NIT and their fan base means a larger draw for the NIT.

Now that the NCAA owns the NIT, I'd say if it's close, they will pass over UK so that they can have them in the NIT and their fan base means a larger draw for the NIT.

 

Makes sense....

Now that the NCAA owns the NIT, I'd say if it's close, they will pass over UK so that they can have them in the NIT and their fan base means a larger draw for the NIT.

 

Which, in the grand scheme of things, would be a bad thing, because you might see the NCAA start making a regular example out of big-name programs just to shore up gate receipts.

After the South Carolina game at home, Kentucky has 4 of the next 5 after that on the road. If they can somehow get through that stretch 5-1 or at worse 4-2, they would still have to win 2 games at least in the SEC tournament to even be considered a bubble team.

 

Too much to ask from a team that has been up and down all year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.