January 21, 200818 yr UCONN and Oklahoma are nothing special. They are both good teams, but a far cry away from the top. I agree they could have beaten both of those teams.
January 22, 200818 yr How is Stevenson getting better? All he could do last year was dunk and all he can do this year is dunk (and that's not even always successful). He's too skinny to guard in the post and he can't score from more than 3 feet from the basket.
January 22, 200818 yr Author I'd say he can shoot better. Last year his shot was bad. This year i've seen him hit a few. Plus he came to UK as a defensive guy, not an offensive guru. He is showing more authority too.
January 22, 200818 yr How is Stevenson getting better? All he could do last year was dunk and all he can do this year is dunk (and that's not even always successful). He's too skinny to guard in the post and he can't score from more than 3 feet from the basket. He can actually hold on to the basketball, and even dribble sometimes. He's not a superstar by any stretch, but he is getting better.
January 22, 200818 yr He can actually hold on to the basketball, and even dribble sometimes. He's not a superstar by any stretch, but he is getting better. So we're not measuring by using Division 1 basketball standards. We're measuring by high school fundamentals standards. Nice.
January 22, 200818 yr I'd say he can shoot better. . I have yet to see him hit a jumper this year. If you're saying his misses aren't as ugly, well.....
January 22, 200818 yr So we're not measuring by using Division 1 basketball standards. We're measuring by high school fundamentals standards. Nice. No, I'm judging by how good Stevenson was at the start of the year, and how good he is now. He is better now, hence "getting better." He's far from great, maybe not even good, but he is better, which was the discussion.
January 22, 200818 yr No, I'm judging by how good Stevenson was at the start of the year, and how good he is now. He is better now, hence "getting better." He's far from great, maybe not even good, but he is better, which was the discussion. I can agree with the literal intepretation you're using. Can we agree he's not gotten "Good enough" to be a factor?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.