Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mark Coury!!

Featured Replies

Mark Coury came to UK as a walk on. I'm sure his intentions were to be a help in practice and maybe progress to the point of actually logging a few minutes of gametime here and there. He has performed what he was put on the team for and then some. I see no reason to knock the kid for that. If you have a problem with him starting, your statement should be Billy G. sucks, not Coury.

 

Billy G represents that remark!:lol:

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coury has taught me it is possible to consistently brick a two foot J in the paint

Why does this guy continue to start?? He is awful. He has size, but for his size he is a terrible rebounder. I would start Stephenson or Stewart over him any day. At least they have some athleticism!!

 

None of the 3 are very good and play major minutes because they have to. That is why they are 7-8.

He is a walk on. He is not the one playing himself. He is not very good hence "walk on", as in not good enough to warrant on scholarship. I'm not sure why he plays. IMO AJ Stewart is the best player than doesn't get to play.

Here is who UK should play:

Crawford 30 min

PP 30 min

Bradley 35 min

Stewart 20 min

Meeks 30 min

Jasper 30 min

Stevenson 20 min

Harris-For less than 10 minutes

Coury/Carter-For less than 10 minutes

Porter-For less than 10 minutes

My view is Coury does what Gillispie wants all his players to do, hustle and give 100%. I think Coury does that, but I think he shouldn't shoot as much as he does. If I'm a PF or C in high school, I would come the UK in a heartbeat if I see Coury or Stevenson getting as much time as they do. Maybe Gillispie will use this as his recruiting tool? Stewart is better than both of them, so my guess is he isn't getting it done in pratice or school. Give Gillispie time, he will get recruits in.

It is possible for Coury to finish the season averaging more fouls than points and rebounds combined?

Stewart is 5 notches better than Stevenson who is 5 notches better than Coury.

FOr the most part I'm with everyone on this, but I did think he played pretty good against Vandy. LABS stated Stewart has off court issues affecting his playing time, otherwise I'm with everyone else he should be playing more.

Ramel and Joe have gone all out the last several games. I think they are really "buying in" to BCG's system and there is no doubt they see their careers winding down and want to win.

 

Ramel I will give you... Crawford he is out to get his and doesn't have choice but to buy in if he wants to play. Sorry I do not like Crawford and never have.

Bradley has been giving 100%. I think logging those massive minutes may affect his shot late in the game.

 

Coury is pretty horrible, but in all honesty, I think he has improved a little bit!

Ramel I will give you... Crawford he is out to get his and doesn't have choice but to buy in if he wants to play. Sorry I do not like Crawford and never have.

 

I have never been a big Crawford fan either. Ask LMB or UKPat about that. However, I have to say he is really putting it out there the last few games. Did you see the D he was putting on Shan Foster in the Vandy game. A lot of times this year it has looked like Crawford is being selfish and trying to get his. The way I see it is who else does UK have that can get to the basket and finish. Joe has to be a big time scorer for this UK team to succeed. We cant get the ball to Patterson, Ramel's game is the 3 and the pull up jumper, and Joe hits the open jumper and gets to the basket. He is basically the only guy on the team that can get his own shot.

 

As for Coury, I would have to agree that surely we could find better to play in there. However, he apparently goes all out, all the time and is earning the playing time over others. It is saying something about the work ethic or grasping of the system of Stevenson and Stewart that they arent playing and Coury is.

What does he have against Stewart?

 

My guess is, and it is only a guess, is that Stewart gets lost on D at times. Stewart is more of a threat on offense than Coury, which I guess he should be since he is on scholarship and Coury is a walk-on. I don't think you can fault Coury for his effort because he gives it his all when he is on the court.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.