Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mississippi State 69 Kentucky 64

Featured Replies

First of all I would like to ask BCG if he has heard of or taught his team to shot fake? Secondly the difference was IMO Coach Stansbury had his team better prepared for UK(look at the blocks and turnovers) Miss St. wins by 20 if they shot 65% from the FT line. I think they shot in high 40's. Also Hansboro did not play for Miss St. which hurt them. I will agree Jasper and Meeks hurt more, but Patterson was taken out of the game and Stansbury a KY guy just did a better job the Billy G. Now it is time to watch one of the best in the business disect him up on Saturday.

 

 

Stansbury is an excellent coach. Kentucky guy. Like him a lot. Wish we had him.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stansbury is an excellent coach. Kentucky guy. Like him a lot. Wish we had him.

 

Had him as an assistant or head coach?

Stansbury is an excellent coach. Kentucky guy. Like him a lot. Wish we had him.

 

MSU has been a big disappointment prior to beginning SEC play.

Had some head scratching losses...South Alabama at home, in which Gordon went 1-12 from the field.

 

BTW, Jasper didn't play tonight because of the flu.

BTW, Jasper didn't play tonight because of the flu.

 

So you have him travel, and sit with the team. Doesn't sound very smart...

Maybe it was a gametime decision....no pun intended. :D

I guess the good thing is that the knee injury he suffered Saturday is not as significant as many thought.

 

Bottom line...UK had three possessions down three and couldn't get it done.

Allowing two offensive rebounds off of missed free throws were killer.

I thought Jasper had a stomach virus? Doesn't matter, either way he was sick, just wondering. But this game made me sick to my stomach also with all of the Miss State favoring calls. Varnado probably had 3 or 4 blocks that were unquestionably obvious fouls.

Atleast KY is on the upswing, and I believe they would have the W, had this game been played ANYwhere else.

 

I would also like to see AJ Stewart get some more PT, especially since Coury is a walk on and Stewart isn't, atleast give him a chance.

Maybe it was a gametime decision....no pun intended. :D

I guess the good thing is that the knee injury he suffered Saturday is not as significant as many thought.

 

Bottom line...UK had three possessions down three and couldn't get it done.

Allowing two offensive rebounds off of missed free throws were killer.

 

Exactly! And as bad as MSU was shooting them, they should've been expecting a miss.

Stewart has had some off the court issues that he needs to take care of. Once he does, if he does, then his playing time should go up.

Stewart has had some off the court issues that he needs to take care of. Once he does, if he does, then his playing time should go up.

 

Believe it when I see it. He has never really tried to play him. It seems like he is trying to run him off.

Cats are lucky MSU doesnt work on free throws, they probably wouldnt have been in the game.

That being said, I dont feel like UK was playing any more physical than MSU and the number of foul shots should have been closer. I dont know the final numbers, but at one point in the second half UK had shot 8 and MSU had taken 21 and I dont think it ever got any closer than that.

I thought that U.K. played played "intimidated" and "timid" in the 1st half and in the 2nd half it was obvious to me anyway that some good adjustments were made at halftime. I thought that the Cats came out in the 2nd half, set some different low/cross screens to get Patterson open more. I really have to compliment Bradley's and Crawford's effort tonight. Playing w/o Jasper and Meeks hurt and as did some of the officiating. We definatley got some bad (No Calls) that hurt, the big guy is a force, no doubt but to say the least he got away with a lot of contact down low.

Miss. State came into this one very well prepared, R. Stansbury is an excellent coach and he really had his team ready to play tonight. Stansbury's teams always play hard, rebound the ball and play defense. IMO he is one of the most underrrated coaches in the country.

 

On to Florida on Saturday night for another very tough SEC road game.

So you have him travel, and sit with the team. Doesn't sound very smart...

 

I was thinking the same thing.

Stansbury is an excellent coach. Kentucky guy. Like him a lot. Wish we had him.

 

I agree, I have been singing that guys praises for a long time. He is also a class act. I am not going to say "wish we had him" but I will say that I wouldn't complain if we did. Kentucky man coaching a Kentucky team and a very good coach at that ;).

I expected this one to be worse with Jasper and Meeks out.

I'm not too dissapointed with this one. The cats gave a solid effort and thats more than I expected and all that I ask for.

I started thinking -- how many times have you seen BCG congratulate a player as he jogs off the court? My count is still at ZERO. I understand what BCG is trying to do, but you've got to be positive, especially during game situations.

 

You obviously haven't watched the games then. I've seen BCG encourage the guys a lot. Especially during the Vandy game. I guess you only see what you want to see.

 

BCG also talks to the guys when he pulls them out of the game. I like that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.