Why not split?

kypride

Why not split? After seeng the hatred and slander on the LCA thread I think it is time for a split. My question is why not? Most people I have ever read on the private side of the issue are fighting tooth and nail to avoid it. Most people I have read on the public side see it as some sort of punishment. WHY? The private schools would be able to flourish under that system in my mind. As long as they could still schedule regular season games against public schools that choose to play. I see an opportunity to end all the hatred and accusations and lies and just play ball.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not split? After seeng the hatred and slander on the LCA thread I think it is time for a split. My question is why not? Most people I have ever read on the private side of the issue are fighting tooth and nail to avoid it. Most people I have read on the public side see it as some sort of punishment. WHY? The private schools would be able to flourish under that system in my mind. As long as they could still schedule regular season games against public schools that choose to play. I see an opportunity to end all the hatred and accusations and lies and just play ball.

First to the bolded part.

In football at least Trinity and St. X usually have big followings, SOMETIMES (I don't want to offend anyone by generalizing) being the biggest crowds that some public schools will see. Why would Trinity or X want to be any part of a windfall for the schools that ejected them.

Secondly, I hope that someday Trinity wins a state championship in baseball and basketball. When that happens I want it to be against the best possible competition. I would hope that the publics would want the same thing in football.

First to the bolded part.

In football at least Trinity and St. X usually have big followings, SOMETIMES (I don't want to offend anyone by generalizing) being the biggest crowds that some public schools will see. Why would Trinity or X want to be any part of a windfall for the schools that ejected them.

Secondly, I hope that someday Trinity wins a state championship in baseball and basketball. When that happens I want it to be against the best possible competition. I would hope that the publics would want the same thing in football.

Trinity and X wouldnt have to schedule public schools, only if they wanted to.

why?

Currently, Kentucky beginning to get a HS powerhouse status. Splitting would only make people outside of Ky see the Private Division as the D1's and the Publics as DII. A public championship wouldn't mean spit. If this was a state with 2000 schools instead of 200 schools, this might have merit.

Currently, Kentucky beginning to get a HS powerhouse status. Splitting would only make people outside of Ky see the Private Division as the D1's and the Publics as DII. A public championship wouldn't mean spit. If this was a state with 2000 schools instead of 200 schools, this might have merit.

So, Highlands winning a state championship now in 6 classes is moving to a powerhouse status while Highlands winning a state championship in a 2 or 3 class public school setting would not mean spit???

I would think the split would be 1-2 classes private, 3 classes, at least to start in public.

I disagree with your statement that the Privates would be D1 etc. I believe if there were a split many of those students who attend the Privates may actually stay at the Public school. I think some see the advantages that privates have with allowing in students beyond their boundries gives them an advantage when it comes to Championship potential. If privates were separate, that wouldn't matter anymore. Why do private schools not want a separate championship anyway? We all know they work harder and are only interested in playing the best competition; therefore, they could play each other and live happily ever after.

Does 5A through 1A mean spit.

Football playing private Schools in KY:

Trinity-6A

St.X- 6A

Covington Catholic-5A

Lexington Cathlic-5A

DeSales-2A

Louisville Holy Cross-1A

Covington Holy Cross- 1A(I think)

Christian Academy of Louisville-2A (I think)

Lexington Christian Academy- 1A

Owensboro Catholic- No clue

Bishop Brossart(I believe)- No clue

Newport Central Catholic- 2A

That would be a total of 12 schools playing football in the private division with only 4 having a glimpse of hope at capturing the title. In all honesty I think it would hurt the smaller private schools more and that really concerns me.

I disagree with your statement that the Privates would be D1 etc. I believe if there were a split many of those students who attend the Privates may actually stay at the Public school. I think some see the advantages that privates have with allowing in students beyond their boundries gives them an advantage when it comes to Championship potential. If privates were separate, that wouldn't matter anymore. Why do private schools not want a separate championship anyway? We all know they work harder and are only interested in playing the best competition; therefore, they could play each other and live happily ever after.

For Trinity and St.X in this state the best competition for us is most definitely the 6A public schools and the powerhouses at other levels.

If we compete against the smaller privates, outside of LexCath and CovCath, there would never even be a chance of upsets.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that if you force a split, the privates can and probably will blow off KHSAA transfer rules. They will take any and all talent that they can get and offer any "aid" they see fit to get it done.