Why not split?

kypride

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't disagree with you but then the publics would have nothing to complain about...how boring would that be? :lol::lol::lol:

I was thinking.. if we split then the privates would have no one to feel superior to. How could you lord over your superior education and how your athletes work harder, to another private school. It just would not be as much fun for them.

Presentlyin 6A, don't 2 teams have a glimpse of hope at capturing the title, in all honesty???

And, if true, just whose fault is that? I'll answer my own question since you've acknowledged that you don't follow football. The public schools. You will never convince me to the contrary. And I believe a pretty knowledgeable high school football person agrees with me: Guru.

How is that different than now? Again I say why not?

Because the larger public schools in this state have a much better chance at beating Trinity and St.X than any of the privates outside of CovCath and LexCath.

In 2005 when St. X had, by most accounts, one of the best teams in their school's history they were taken down to the wire by 2 public schools(PRP and John Hardin respectively) and could well have lost to both had a 2 point conversion not been dropped in the endzone. Henry Clay has had spectacular talent and were there not such a gap in coaching between Trinity and HC then HC could well have beaten the Rocks in a number of matchups. 2006 Male was inches away from a state title (no offense to Ryle that year). 2002 Male was a few feet short of one against the Rocks. Manual has been on the cusp for some time. There are teams that often are good enough and have given us games down to the wire that could have gone either way. Outside of 2 teams there isn't much chance that the types of games I mentioned above would happen.

Because the larger public schools in this state have a much better chance at beating Trinity and St.X than any of the privates outside of CovCath and LexCath.

In 2005 when St. X had, by most accounts, one of the best teams in their school's history they were taken down to the wire by 2 public schools(PRP and John Hardin respectively) and could well have lost to both had a 2 point conversion not been dropped in the endzone. Henry Clay has had spectacular talent and were there not such a gap in coaching between Trinity and HC then HC could well have beaten the Rocks in a number of matchups. 2006 Male was inches away from a state title (no offense to Ryle that year). 2002 Male was a few feet short of one against the Rocks. Manual has been on the cusp for some time. There are teams that often are good enough and have given us games down to the wire that could have gone either way. Outside of 2 teams there isn't much chance that the types of games I mentioned above would happen.

I think that depends. I would assume that an Owensboro Catholic, if they could get as large as T and X, drawing from that area could become competitive with them.

With the right promotional campaign, CAL and LCA drawing the non-Catholic Christians to their schools could become huge powers. T and X might even take hits in their enrollment from non-Catholic Christians that are attending there previously or in the future.

Presentlyin 6A, don't 2 teams have a glimpse of hope at capturing the title, in all honesty???

Many teams have a glimpse of hope, the problem is largely coaching in my opinion.

Trinity has been good for a long time, but it wasn't until 2000(recently) that we became nigh unstoppable. In 98 and 99 we lost to Lexington schools in the playoffs. 96 we lost to Nelson county, 95 we lost to Doss. The difference? Bob Beatty. Since 2000 we have only NOT been in a title game once and we have won 6 of the 7 we have played in. Our head coach during that tenure is Bob Beatty. I think that much of it centers largely around the right coach.

Look at Boyle since Chuck Smith left. When he was there Boyle was a dominant team, capable of beating just about anyone they played. I am sure they would have given us a run for our money. Look at Highlands and Danville, both schools have excellent coaches with great histories. Same applies at Beechwood. Why is it that the teams at the 6A level don't manage the same level of coaching?

I think that depends. I would assume that an Owensboro Catholic, if they could get as large as T and X, drawing from that area could become competitive with them.

With the right promotional campaign, CAL and LCA drawing the non-Catholic Christians to their schools could become huge powers. T and X might even take hits in their enrollment from non-Catholic Christians that are attending there previously or in the future.

I honestly doubt that CAL will affect Trinity or St.X size wise. Call it a hunch. ;)

I honestly doubt that CAL will affect Trinity or St.X size wise. Call it a hunch. ;)

Whether it will or could is two different things. With the right promotional campaign and some tweaks in their school (I really know nothing about it) couldn't they draw some of the non-Catholic Christians in that area. Heck, isn't there 17,000 that show up at Southeast each weekend. Has to be some football players in that group.

If Southeast got behind a football team/athletic program/school as an outreach, what type of powerhouse could they field?

Many teams have a glimpse of hope, the problem is largely coaching in my opinion.

Trinity has been good for a long time, but it wasn't until 2000(recently) that we became nigh unstoppable. In 98 and 99 we lost to Lexington schools in the playoffs. 96 we lost to Nelson county, 95 we lost to Doss. The difference? Bob Beatty. Since 2000 we have only NOT been in a title game once and we have won 6 of the 7 we have played in. Our head coach during that tenure is Bob Beatty. I think that much of it centers largely around the right coach.

Look at Boyle since Chuck Smith left. When he was there Boyle was a dominant team, capable of beating just about anyone they played. I am sure they would have given us a run for our money. Look at Highlands and Danville, both schools have excellent coaches with great histories. Same applies at Beechwood. Why is it that the teams at the 6A level don't manage the same level of coaching?

Couldn't that exact same question be applied to the private schools not being able to compete with St. X and Trinity? Why the two different standards?

To me, if you are going to call out the 6A schools for not being able to compete with St. X and T, then you call out the other privates for not being able to compete.

Whether it will or could is two different things. With the right promotional campaign and some tweaks in their school (I really know nothing about it) couldn't they draw some of the non-Catholic Christians in that area. Heck, isn't there 17,000 that show up at Southeast each weekend. Has to be some football players in that group.

If Southeast got behind a football team/athletic program/school as an outreach, what type of powerhouse could they field?

They are already behind CAL and have been for some time. There are a number of Trinity families that attend out there, but most of those Trinity families have longstanding traditions at Trinity that will more or less ensure that their boys will be Shamrocks.

Let's sent Beatty to McCreary Central next year and Clinton Gay to Trinity and see what changes for those 2 schools? I'd say not very much. Coaches has alot to do with it but those Jimmies and Johnies have ALOT more.

Couldn't that exact same question be applied to the private schools not being able to compete with St. X and Trinity? Why the two different standards?

To me, if you are going to call out the 6A schools for not being able to compete with St. X and T, then you call out the other privates for not being able to compete.

The difference is the 6A schools I mention are closer to Trinity and St.X in enrollment than the private schools I mentioned. If you are telling me that 1A Holy Cross, simply because they are a private school, has a better chance of competing with Trinity than 6A Henry Clay I will have to question your intellectual capacity.

There comes a time when numbers comes into play as well in addition with coaching.

Why haven't Paul Dunbar and Henderson county, the 2 largest public schools in the state with male student bodies that rival Trinity and St.X, been able to compete as well as some of the smaller schools in the same division?

Let's sent Beatty to McCreary County next year and Clinton Gay to Trinity and see what changes for those 2 schools? I'd say not very much. Coaches has alot to do with it but those Jimmies and Johnies have ALOT more.

What size is that school?

I am just saying that when you have similar sized schools coaching will make the difference.

For what it's worth I think you'd be surprised.

What size is that school?

I am just saying that when you have similar sized schools coaching will make the difference.

For what it's worth I think you'd be surprised.

I understand Beatty is an outstanding coach. I realize you are only talking about Trinity in this instance. But to say private schools excell over public because all their coaches are better is way off. I believe there are many many coaches in Kentucky that could be at Trinity or X and the wins would just keep on coming.