Football playing private Schools in KY:

Trinity-6A

St.X- 6A

Covington Catholic-5A

Lexington Cathlic-5A

DeSales-2A

Louisville Holy Cross-1A

Covington Holy Cross- 1A(I think)

Christian Academy of Louisville-2A (I think)

Lexington Christian Academy- 1A

Owensboro Catholic- No clue

Bishop Brossart(I believe)- No clue

Newport Central Catholic- 2A

That would be a total of 12 schools playing football in the private division with only 4 having a glimpse of hope at capturing the title. In all honesty I think it would hurt the smaller private schools more and that really concerns me.

The number's 16. Add KY Country Day, Bardstown Bethlehem, Evangel Christian and Beth Haven.

And I agree with your post 100%

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing you have to keep in mind is that if you force a split, the privates can and probably will blow off KHSAA transfer rules. They will take any and all talent that they can get and offer any "aid" they see fit to get it done.

Exactly, while they would still be a part of the KHSAA it would seem to me that they would have theor own board and would be able to set up their own guidelines and rules.

For Trinity and St.X in this state the best competition for us is most definitely the 6A public schools and the powerhouses at other levels.

If we compete against the smaller privates, outside of LexCath and CovCath, there would never even be a chance of upsets.

How is that different than now? Again I say why not?

Exactly, while they would still be a part of the KHSAA it would seem to me that they would have theor own board and would be able to set up their own guidelines and rules.

If the privates could be part of KHSAA and make up their own guidelines and rules, why couldn't publics do the same?

So, Highlands winning a state championship now in 6 classes is moving to a powerhouse status while Highlands winning a state championship in a 2 or 3 class public school setting would not mean spit???

I would think the split would be 1-2 classes private, 3 classes, at least to start in public.

Now wanting to speak for the HHS men, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if HHS asked to play in the Private division so they could play better teams....:D

Not the big question why split? Football and in only 6A is the only division that seem to upset some....

If the privates could be part of KHSAA and make up their own guidelines and rules, why couldn't publics do the same?

They could but as we have been told ad nauseum the public schools have cement boundries. Isn't that one of the reasons always cited for evicting the private schools. How could they recruit if that is true?

I've got a question for those of you pushing for a split. Let's talk basketball. Who's going to pay for the second Sweet 16 tournament in Rupp Arena? Will Rupp want to have another week long tournament? How about on the girls side. Who's going to pay for the second tournament there? Remember if you do finally achieve separation then the playoffs for the publics and privates will have to be equal. Maybe we should just scrap the Sweet 16 format and just have a final 4 tournament with the publics and privates.

Football playing private Schools in KY:

Trinity-6A

St.X- 6A

Covington Catholic-5A

Lexington Cathlic-5A

DeSales-2A

Louisville Holy Cross-1A

Covington Holy Cross- 1A(I think)

Christian Academy of Louisville-2A (I think)

Lexington Christian Academy- 1A

Owensboro Catholic- No clue

Bishop Brossart(I believe)- No clue

Newport Central Catholic- 2A

That would be a total of 12 schools playing football in the private division with only 4 having a glimpse of hope at capturing the title. In all honesty I think it would hurt the smaller private schools more and that really concerns me.

Presentlyin 6A, don't 2 teams have a glimpse of hope at capturing the title, in all honesty???

One thing you have to keep in mind is that if you force a split, the privates can and probably will blow off KHSAA transfer rules. They will take any and all talent that they can get and offer any "aid" they see fit to get it done.

And I would have minimal to no problem with that because they are competing against like schools and the publics are competing against like schools.

Now wanting to speak for the HHS men, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if HHS asked to play in the Private division so they could play better teams....:D

Not the big question why split? Football and in only 6A is the only division that seem to upset some....

Girls' sports coaches would disagree that it is football that only upsets some.

They could but as we have been told ad nauseum the public schools have cement boundries. Isn't that one of the reasons always cited for evicting the private schools. How could they recruit if that is true?

I've got a question for those of you pushing for a split. Let's talk basketball. Who's going to pay for the second Sweet 16 tournament in Rupp Arena? Will Rupp want to have another week long tournament? How about on the girls side. Who's going to pay for the second tournament there? Remember if you do finally achieve separation then the playoffs for the publics and privates will have to be equal. Maybe we should just scrap the Sweet 16 format and just have a final 4 tournament with the publics and privates.

You could still do a Sweet 16 sorta type format. Final 8 privates on Wednesday. Final 8 publics on Thursday and play out from there. Next year, Final 8 publics on Wed, Final 8 privates on Thursday.

Two separate championship games on Saturday.

You could still do a Sweet 16 sorta type format. Final 8 privates on Wednesday. Final 8 publics on Thursday and play out from there. Next year, Final 8 publics on Wed, Final 8 privates on Thursday.

Two separate championship games on Saturday.

Key word being "sorta"

So then only 8 teams from each division would make the state tournament.

That will go over like a lead balloon.

Do you really believe that anyone is going to allow anything to happen that will hurt the Sweet 16?