Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Movies That Made You Cry.

Featured Replies

Watched Meet Joe Black about a month after my dad died it was a sad sight. Also Old Yeller.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife was balling at "We are Marshall"...no comedic relief in that one!

Another scene was the one at the very end of "Philadelphia". After the Tom Hanks character dies, they're showing old home movies of him as a child. As a parent, I always found that tough to watch.

It always gets me in The Green Mile. Its the scene when John has already been strapped to the electric chair and Tom Hanks is having doubts about 'giving the signal.' Once one of the other guards leans toward Hanks and whispers "You have to say it Paul." I lose control...everytime.

I am Sam, The Majestic, The Iron Giant, Love Story

 

I tear up a lot though. I don't care to admit that a bit.

It always gets me in The Green Mile. Its the scene when John has already been strapped to the electric chair and Tom Hanks is having doubts about 'giving the signal.' Once one of the other guards leans toward Hanks and whispers "You have to say it Paul." I lose control...everytime.

 

Agreed.

The first time I saw it in the theater... when bagpipes were playing Amazing Grace at Spock's funeral I think a spec of lint got into my eye.

The ending minutes of Ladder 49 gets me too. That always shakes me up because I always think of what could happen to my dad who puts his time in as a police officer rather than a fire fighter...but the principle remains the same.

The first time I saw it in the theater... when bagpipes were playing Amazing Grace at Spock's funeral I think a spec of lint got into my eye.

 

I was seven or eight years old when I first saw that one and Ive never forgotten that scene.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.