Feb 15 2008

CURTIS LOWE

I'm not for sure why I am asking this question because you seem to have all answers when it comes to baseball......But how do you know this? :D
I placed an order, for favorable conditions.

I also read the Jack Tatum book and in it, he talked about Woody Hayes could summon the good weather, when conditions were bleak. I'm taking the Woody Hayes approach.

:D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I placed an order, for favorable conditions.

I also read the Jack Tatum book and in it, he talked about Woody Hayes could summon the good weather, when conditions were bleak. I'm taking the Woody Hayes approach.

:D

Alright that works.:D

We play out here in the mountains so maybe I should check a farmers almanac or something :D

My best guess is that the Catcher will be Logan, 1st base will be Hieneman,when he is not pitching, 2nd base will be a toss up between Craft and Staten, SS will be between Zack Reed or Juan Staten, 3rd base Kyle Martin or Greenslate, right field will be Skaggs with Center going to Zack Stringfellow and Left going to Madden. But who knows!!! Can't wait to find out.

I say alot will depend on errors and a hot bat. Infielders best guess Craft, Martin, & Stringfellow. GCHS has plenty of talent. #2,#3, & #4 pitchers will be interesting how it unfolds.:thumb:

Does anyone have any idea which one of these players will be taking the starting positions and what position will they play?

Staten 2b

Craft ss/3b

Logan c

Reed Lf

Hieneman 1b/p

Madden/Rice dh. Martin ss/3b

Stringfellow cf.

Scaggs/Greenslate rf

Pitchers-Hieneman, Greenslate, Martin, Kaplan, James, Rice, Hardin,Vanbibber, Scaggs, Reed, Craft.

Great talented team

Anxious to see how coaches handle it:dancingpa

Staten 2b

Craft ss/3b

Logan c

Reed Lf

Hieneman 1b/p

Stringfellow cf.

Scaggs/Greenslate rf

Pitchers-Hieneman, Greenslate, Martin, Kaplan, James, Rice, Hardin,Vanbibber, Scaggs, Reed, Craft.

Great talented team

What about the new players?Zack Smith,TJ Stephenson, & Ryan Adkins?:confused: I heard that R Adkins is going to play. Ryan and Zack were both pretty good outfielders last time I seen them play.

Staten 2b

Craft ss/3b

Logan c

Reed Lf

Hieneman 1b/p

Stringfellow cf.

Scaggs/Greenslate rf

Great talented team

I have followed GCHS for the past 2 yrs (been to almost every game) and alot of what people have said on here doesn't make sense as far as talent and positions. Not to step on anyone's toes, BUT some of the predictions that have been mentioned in this thread and others are coming from people who have obviously not followed this team closely.

Having said that, I think those players listed above will most likely see alot of playing time...not sure those are going to be the positions they will be in. This is a VERY talented team and there are many combinations that Coach Logan can go with. ALOT of these boys can play several positions. No one is going to know until they step on the field. Chances are the players won't even know until then either. GCHS is in good hands with Coach Logan. He will play the boys where they are needed not where they or their parents want. Go GCHS!!!

You got to believe....68°. The Outfield grass will be wet and soft but that is okay.

I'll take the outfield grass to be wet and soft to get to go outside on the first day with 68 degrees, I'll still prolly be out there if its 40ish:D. That would be perfect.:thumb:

I have followed GCHS for the past 2 yrs (been to almost every game) and alot of what people have said on here doesn't make sense as far as talent and positions. Not to step on anyone's toes, BUT some of the predictions that have been mentioned in this thread and others are coming from people who have obviously not followed this team closely.

Having said that, I think those players listed above will most likely see alot of playing time...not sure those are going to be the positions they will be in. This is a VERY talented team and there are many combinations that Coach Logan can go with. ALOT of these boys can play several positions. No one is going to know until they step on the field. Chances are the players won't even know until then either. GCHS is in good hands with Coach Logan. He will play the boys where they are needed not where they or their parents want. Go GCHS!!![/quote

I have been watching all of these boys, at least the older ones since they were very young, playing out on the fields of Addingtons. I was there when Greg Logan put the Yankees together. You may be right, it is hard to tell with Greg Logan. I don't know much about the younger kids, but the older ones have the talent and the experience to fill the starting positions.

Having said that, I think those players listed above will most likely see alot of playing time...not sure those are going to be the positions they will be in. This is a VERY talented team and there are many combinations that Coach Logan can go with. ALOT of these boys can play several positions. No one is going to know until they step on the field. Chances are the players won't even know until then either. GCHS is in good hands with Coach Logan. He will play the boys where they are needed not where they or their parents want. Go GCHS!!![/quote

I have been watching all of these boys, at least the older ones since they were very young, playing out on the fields of Addingtons. I was there when Greg Logan put the Yankees together. You may be right, it is hard to tell with Greg Logan. I don't know much about the younger kids, but the older ones have the talent and the experience to fill the starting positions.

I agree totally. I have been watching some of these boys since t-ball, and I can't wait to see them back on the field. Coach Logan is a great motivator, and will have the team ready for another trip to Applebee's! Hopefully I will see you all there. :thumb:

I agree totally. I have been watching some of these boys since t-ball, and I can't wait to see them back on the field. Coach Logan is a great motivator, and will have the team ready for another trip to Applebee's! Hopefully I will see you all there. :thumb:

Coach Logan and his entire staff really seems to have a good feel for baseball. Steve Logan & Chris Hughes are also talented coaches.:thumb:

Where is everyone getting the information that Juan Staten will be a second baseball? I attended a large portion of Greenup's games and never saw him play a position in the infield not to say he could not do it hes a very athletic young player but Zach Reed would be my guess as the starter, and Juan will be in the outfield.

Where is everyone getting the information that Juan Staten will be a second baseball? I attended a large portion of Greenup's games and never saw him play a position in the infield not to say he could not do it hes a very athletic young player but Zach Reed would be my guess as the starter, and Juan will be in the outfield.

I will have to agree with you on this one. Zack Reed played second several times last year and I don't recall Juan Staten playing infield at all during the high school season. Both of these boys are very talented and would have no problem playing infield or outfield.

If you move Martin to 3rd in the batting order who would you lead off. I don't understand that move. He can bunt. he is the fastest on the team.

You move Martin to third in the batting order because he is could be an RBI machine from that spot in the lineup. You but Boyles in the lead off spot, carver in the two spot, Martin third, and Keeton fourth. The best all-around hitter usually bats third in the lineup and for Raceland Martin is that guy.