Feb 15 2008

CURTIS LOWE

We didn't start anything until February 15th @ Raceland back in the day. We did a lot of conditioning in the first few weeks of practice. Some guys would work out on their own in the off season, but back then, that mostly consisted of lifting weights...there weren't too many places to get some quality swings in back then.

I know Coach Hamilton had a baseball class @ Boyd Co. when he was there and those guys were hitting, throwing, running, lifting almost all year round.

I wish they would either find a better way to enforce the rules when it comes to offseason coaching and practicing, or just get rid of it all together. I hate to hear about some schools following the rules and others not.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You move Martin to third in the batting order because he is could be an RBI machine from that spot in the lineup. You but Boyles in the lead off spot, carver in the two spot, Martin third, and Keeton fourth. The best all-around hitter usually bats third in the lineup and for Raceland Martin is that guy.

Have you seen Boyles hit? Carver is the best hitter Raceland has. Lead Martin off. Boyles and Keeton strike out way too much.

Is Boyles even playing? I was under the impression he wasn't because he wants to concentrate on basketball.

I personally think he should give up baseball, because he's not very good at it as far as hiting goes. He's a pretty good outfielder. Other than that baseball is his weakest sport.