Feb 15 2008

CURTIS LOWE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you start practicing baseball on 2/15/08, you are behind. Check on warehouses, barns, garages, church gyms throughout the commonwealth and you will find baseball players hitting on pitching machines, pitching and working out.

My son's Knothole team begins weekly practices first week of 08.

KHSAA has set 2-15 as the official first practice where coachs can be hands on. Most kids work out year round and play February thru November.

KHSAA has set 2-15 as the official first practice where coachs can be hands on. Most kids work out year round and play February thru November.

If you're practicing year round before 2nd or 3rd year in high school, chances are you won't be playing college ball if that's your goal. If the kid wants to go let him/her. If mom and dad are looking for a baby sitting service or dad's trying to develop his next MLB rookie of the year you're dreaming and hurting your child!

If you start practicing baseball on 2/15/08, you are behind. Check on warehouses, barns, garages, church gyms throughout the commonwealth and you will find baseball players hitting on pitching machines, pitching and working out.

My son's Knothole team begins weekly practices first week of 08.

My question wasnt referring to teams other than high school. Most youth traveling teams in my area have already started practicing for next season.:thumb:

If you're practicing year round before 2nd or 3rd year in high school' date=' chances are you won't be playing college ball if that's your goal. If the kid wants to go let him/her. If mom and dad are looking for a baby sitting service or dad's trying to develop his next MLB rookie of the year you're dreaming and hurting your child![/quote']THIS MAKES NO SENSE TO ME. How can working out year round hurt hurt your chances of playing at the next level? Pitchers need to rest their arms for 2-3 months a year from throwing hard. Other than that they aren't gonna get any better from one season to the next without hitting, throwing, fielding, running or lifting, just older and further behind.