Feb 15 2008

CURTIS LOWE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You move Martin to third in the batting order because he is could be an RBI machine from that spot in the lineup. You but Boyles in the lead off spot, carver in the two spot, Martin third, and Keeton fourth. The best all-around hitter usually bats third in the lineup and for Raceland Martin is that guy.

Your leadoff man has to get on first.

Your leadoff man has to get on first.

Exactly, I dont doubt one bit that Boyles can be a very solid lead off man. If you put Martin in the lead off slot then there is no one down in the line up that drives in RBI's consistantly besides Carver. Let Boyles and Carver get on base and put Martin in the three whole and let your best hitter drive them in, because thats what your number three guy is for.

Exactly, I dont doubt one bit that Boyles can be a very solid lead off man. If you put Martin in the lead off slot then there is no one down in the line up that drives in RBI's consistantly besides Carver. Let Boyles and Carver get on base and put Martin in the three whole and let your best hitter drive them in, because thats what your number three guy is for.

Well I don't agree, But I am not the coach. I still think Martin should lead off. Just for the base stealing. If any thing.

Well I don't agree, But I am not the coach. I still think Martin should lead off. Just for the base stealing. If any thing.

So are you saying he cant steal bases if he bats in the number three spot? But your right, neither of us are the coaches. Its best for them to decide. Agree to disagree.

The Rams Coaching staff has yet to even start conditioning or anything!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that will just make it harder for our boys to compete early. I think ALL the other Teams in the area has been conditioning for some time so I feel we are already behind.

Not sure Boyles is even going to play but there were several other players that stepped up after all the problems in the early season and all the lineup changes. The RAM COACHING STAFF has not started anything at all with this years TEAM, NO meetings, conditioning or anything. This will put us way behind the other Teams in the Area because I know all the other teams have been working out for a while so I know we are already behind!!!!!!!!!

Not sure Boyles is even going to play but there were several other players that stepped up after all the problems in the early season and all the lineup changes. The RAM COACHING STAFF has not started anything at all with this years TEAM, NO meetings, conditioning or anything. This will put us way behind the other Teams in the Area because I know all the other teams have been working out for a while so I know we are already behind!!!!!!!!!

Pickoff,You should ask around.I know they have started conditioning.

The only conditioning they are doing right now is what a few of the players are doing on their own, getting together about 4 or 5 or so and running and trying to go out and hit BUT it is not by any direction from any coaches or any of that the boys are ready to go and got tired of waiting on the COACHES to start something, I know this for a fact.

The only conditioning they are doing right now is what a few of the players are doing on their own, getting together about 4 or 5 or so and running and trying to go out and hit BUT it is not by any direction from any coaches or any of that the boys are ready to go and got tired of waiting on the COACHES to start something, I know this for a fact.
There is a reason, Coaches aren't helping players hit and offering direction, for organized practices.

Are the coaches allowed to start conditioning, as far as running and weight lifting? I was told that you cannot officially throw baseballs until Feb.15 but most everyone that I spoke to said that they could not believe we had not started weight lifting and running before this past week.

Are the coaches allowed to start conditioning, as far as running and weight lifting? I was told that you cannot officially throw baseballs until Feb.15 but most everyone that I spoke to said that they could not believe we had not started weight lifting and running before this past week.

Players can condition on their own after the season is done and before the season starts. They can throw, hit, and field, on their own. Most schools have a gym. Knott has a gym and a teacher that helps them with weightlifting. He's knowlegable on weightlifting, so the athletes aren't being taught anything wrong.

Strike3 knows the rule about coaches helping the players during the off season. But, any good coach will give his players a list of workouts and what they should do in the off season to stay in shape.

Players can condition on their own after the season is done and before the season starts. They can throw, hit, and field, on their own. Most schools have a gym. Knott has a gym and a teacher that helps them with weightlifting. He's knowlegable on weightlifting, so the athletes aren't being taught anything wrong.

Strike3 knows the rule about coaches helping the players during the off season. But, any good coach will give his players a list of workouts and what they should do in the off season to stay in shape.

PatDad is correct. The players usually have an off season workout program that they group together on their own time or most schools have instructed weight lifting as part of the physical ed class. Official coaches either paid or volunteers on the team roster cannot instruct until Feb 15th.

Correct me if I’m wrong Strike3

PatDad is correct. The players usually have an off season workout program that they group together on their own time or most schools have instructed weight lifting as part of the physical ed class. Official coaches either paid or volunteers on the team roster cannot instruct until Feb 15th.

Correct me if I’m wrong Strike3

....:thumb: