Everything posted by pickoff
-
Boyd County 5 Raceland 2
Our season ended the same way it started with Boyd. Its sad to say that if the boys would have ALL played up to what they could have and without ALL the distractions WE could have went further. I think that TWO of the Seniors gave it all they could considering everything and I think some of the other kids played all out but I really don't think that the TEAM came together as just that a TEAM! We had the talent to do it BUT just DIDN'T. GOOD LUCK BOYD and some of US appreciate what you guys have done to help OUR BOYS mostly GAVIN, who took the time to work with the younger kids and develope them teach them that to WORK HARD AND TO HUSTLE and GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!BOYD, you should THANK these guys for the time and effort they put in day in and day out, you know this takes away from their families year round BUT IT SHOWS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!The thing I appreciate the most is GAVIN is a straight shooter with anyone he talks too, if you don't want to know what has to say you had better stay away, and nowadays you get so many COACHES that try to smooth coat things and hide things, and have kids playing that really should not but because their parents know someone or they get pressure from someone they BUCKLE and give in which hurts the TEAM and I don't think this will happen with this bunch, if YOU screw up you will HEAR about NO matter WHO YOU ARE, AGAIN THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
-
Prayers needed
Just heard that a Greenup County Student was killed on the way home from the game last night, any info? I hope its not true but lets still remember and PRAY for everyone traveling to and from the games and I do Mean EVERYONE all the TEAMS and SUPPORTERS and PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The games have been running late so EVERYONE BE CAREFUL.
-
East Carter vs Greenup County Predictions (16th Region Semi-Finals)
East Carter wins 9-5 I was close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
East Carter vs Greenup County Predictions (16th Region Semi-Finals)
I'll have to take East Carter in this one, I love underdogs like we have been! I'll say 8 to 6
-
Boyd County vs Raceland Predictions (16th Region Semi-Finals)
Rams by 2, 3 to 1
-
16th Regional Draw
I think East Carter might want to be heard from on this, noone gives them a chance BUT on any given day anything can happen! I don't think it would surprise a lot of people if East gave Greenup all THEY want.
-
Do you play to win 1 game or 3?
This exact thing happened in the 16th last night, Raceland had their ace(Josh Wilson) on the mound and after 2 the score was 14-0 so the coach pulled him and used the #2 and the#3 and won the game 15-6. Now we have all our pitching ready for the next game which is Thursday the 28th.
-
16th Regional Draw
Not such a favorable draw for Fleming County now! I think Fleming County thought the Rams would just lay down for them! You have to give the Rams credit they have played a lot of good teams and been in a lot of close/1 run games that could have gone either way, without all the errors we had our record would have been A LOT BETTER than it is!
-
16th Regional Draw
Is Smoot their #1? If you know, have you seen either of the two pitch?
-
Greenup County 17 Raceland 7
Are you saying you think Raceland will win?
-
16th Regional Draw
You don't think Fleming will throw their #1? Do they have a solid #1? What do you think Raceland will do? Who do you think will win?
-
Do you play to win 1 game or 3?
Why couldn't you pitch several kids 2 innings or so if you really don't have a GOOD #2 or #3? Pitch by committe! Save your #1 for the 2nd round? I know that a local coach just worries about winning 1 but don't really worry about the 2nd game until he gets there BUT we need to go to win more than just 1 GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That showed in our DISTRICT GAME, you have to baby some kids that could really help but our coaches say they want to save him for NEXT YEAR???? What good does that do for the SENIORS this year and you may not even make it NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Morgan County Radio
Thanks, I didn't know who to ask!
-
Morgan County Radio
I have a friend that has been trying to get ahold of the radio broadcaster that does your games but is not having any luck can someone HELP?
-
Raceland 10 Fairview 0
Final from Westwood
-
Carroll County/Bethlehem predictions (All A sectionals)
What are the rules on pitching for tournments as far as innings or rest?
-
Carroll County/Bethlehem predictions (All A sectionals)
Does anyone know the schedule for the games at Applebees or is it a draw?
-
Raceland Baseball 09
I agree with oldram, we have some younger players that have pitched good innings for us, and I think the KEY is THROWING STRIKES!!!!!!!!! I think our fielding will be good all around and we should be able to get people out and with the addition of BARR and RISTER, all thats going to do is make US even MORE SOLID!
-
Raceland Baseball 09
I don't think I am underestimating the importance of pitching what I am saying is we lost 2 pitchers to graduation (Keeton, Nichols)which did not pitch a lot, we have 3 starting pitchers coming 2 with a lot of varisity experience 1 that was hurt last year, and with 3 or 4 more that can throw good innings, STRIKES, not WALKS and let our fielders work I think we will surprise a lot of people! I just hope that the old injury bug skips us all together, which is what all the teams in the area will say also!
-
EKY top players
I dont know anything about the Barr kid but I have seen Billy play quite a lot and he is a VERY GOOD Catcher and overall player!Plus a GREAT KID! I just hope that Barr is comparable, if so that is really going to help our team so much, that , in my opinion will be more of a plus for us than what Billy is to Greenup BECAUSE we had not had that talent since CORY DARBY left, to have someone with that much talent behind the plate!
-
Raceland Baseball 09
I think at least 4 of these guys can contribute maybe more! Josh Reed pitched last fall with fairly good sucess, Drew Darby can pitch NOW, Some of the guys are not overpowering BUT they can throw STRIKES and that is what counts the MOST, and LET YOUR FIELDERS WORK AND MAKE PLAYS. I feel WE may SURPRISE a lot of people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:
-
Raceland Baseball 09
Danny Jones LF Loren Huffman CF John Scott Carver 2B Josh Wilson 1B Transfer from Hardin Catcher Bobby Mckee RF Josh Reed 3B Rister SS Reynolds P
-
Where is your team headed during Spring Break?
I think Raceland will be leaving March 27 thru April 3.
-
Raceland Baseball 09
:thumb: I totally agree!
-
Raceland Baseball 09
I think Danny Jones will be in Left Field, or in the outfield somewhere with his speed. When Dillon Keeton was moved to catcher at the end of last year that is where he played.