Greenup County 17 Raceland 7

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to GCHS on the win, :thumb: you deserved it and good luck in the region unless we would meet again there.

I listened to most of this one on the radio and brewcrew was right. Raceland had far too many mistakes along with some mental mistakes to win, to beat a team as good s GC is you have to play error free baseball and can't give them anything.

I said that GC was the best in the region at the first of the season and I still believe that.

Rams.....this season is not over, you have the 16th Regional to look to. Stay focused and lets go make a run at it next week! :ylsuper:

You hit the nail right on the head Old Rambler. You can't play like that against a team as good as Greenup and expect to win. It will get you beat against most teams the way our defense played tonite. I was at the game tonite and it was hard to watch.These boys are much better than this. Again congrats to Greenup. Now for all you Rams just shake this off and get ready for the Region.You guys are good enough to make a run at the Region Championship. Just play hard and don't give up and goog things will happen.:ylsuper:

WAY TO GO GREENUP!!! Rambler was exactly right. From the first couple of innings, it looked like Raceland was going to give them all they could handle. Finally, though, GC's bats woke up. L.T. Rice hit another bomb that cleared the scoreboard with plenty of room to spare. I think there were 5 homeruns between the teams in this game. Good luck to both at Morehead.

Congratulations on the three-peat! I first want to congratulate the Coaches, outstanding job. Players, you played mistake free and were not rattled by the 2 inning offense of the Rams. Now, go out and make a run at a three-peat in the Region! I am going to miss watching these seniors play, but I have a strong feeling that with this coaching staff and the returning players, they'll probably be District and Regional favorites again next year.

Now, to our Rams. You keep your heads up! The mental mistakes and fielding errors have to stop or next weeks trip to Morehead will be a quick one! You guys have too much talent to play this way. Now shake it off and play hard and maybe you'll get anouther shot at the Green, Black and Gold.

GC should roll in the region. Elite 8 three years in a row would be an awesome thing.

Greenup should win the Region, but I don't think Boyd Co. has showed Greenup everything in their bag. :p

Actually Greenup upset Boyd in 2007 Regionals, If we over look Boyd we will be going home. Boyd beat us both in regular season in 2007, then we get the win at Morehead. I don't think Boyd Co, has forgot that. I think Boyd Co. was the better team that year, but not that day. LOL

Back to the subject, Raceland needs the errors to stop and find some pitching to grt thru the regionals. Does the Barr kid pitch? Hopefully, Raceland doesn't draw Boyd right off the bat.

Edited by bluekyblue

Greenup should win the Region, but I don't think Boyd Co. has showed Greenup everything in their bag. :p

Actually Greenup upset Boyd in 2007 Regionals, If we over look Boyd we will be going home. Boyd beat us both in regular season in 2007, then we get the win at Morehead. I don't think Boyd Co, has forgot that. I think Boyd Co. was the better team that year, but not that day. LOL

Back to the subject, Raceland needs the errors to stop and find some pitching to grt thru the regionals. Does the Barr kid pitch? Hopefully, Raceland doesn't draw Boyd right off the bat.

I agree about Boyd. They have proved already that anything could happen in the post season. As for the 2007 regional, that game is still my all-time favorite. (Of course, I may be a little biased). If Greenup plays the way they are capable, they should be back at Applebee's again this year.

It isn't so much Raceland needs to find some pitching. They need to find some defesense.The pitchers aren't walking people. Yes they may not overpower you but when you can't field routine ground balls something is wrong. When you have error after error and then a base hit it's not the pitchers fault he gave up runs. You should be able to field routine grounders and fly balls at the high school level. Pitching is not about striking people out even though it is nice to be able to have that ability.:ylsuper:

It isn't so much Raceland needs to find some pitching. They need to find some defesense.The pitchers aren't walking people. Yes they may not overpower you but when you can't field routine ground balls something is wrong. When you have error after error and then a base hit it's not the pitchers fault he gave up runs. You should be able to field routine grounders and fly balls at the high school level. Pitching is not about striking people out even though it is nice to be able to have that ability.:ylsuper:

Greenup's JV has as good or better than most Raceland pitching staff. IMO

Errors also did address, yet your 3rd baseman and SS are both from Greenup, we can't give yyou guys everything. LOL