Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky...

Featured Replies

My problem is... same players, same injuries and same whatever, this team would be better than 4-5 with Tubby as the coach IMO.

 

My problem with this post is that it is not the same players, it is not the same injuries, and its not the same whatever.

 

We no longer have Morris. We dont yet have Jasper. We dont have a 100% Meeks. For all we know, Patterson may have not been playing at full strength the last few games.

 

Did anyone suffer a tear in their pelvic area? Did our starting point guard miss the first part of the year due to knee surgery?

 

Where do you come up with this argument?

 

 

It's easy to say Tubby would be doing better. Its easy because there is no way you cant be proved wrong.

 

There is simply no way of getting around that this team is Tubby's fault.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've went through tonight and read all of the threads on UK and BCG over the past week and I have to say..... This is the very best post that I have read all night. FrontRowFan, you are exactly right. I couldn't have written it better myself. These are Tubby's recruits, except Patterson, and until he gets some classes of his own I am going to continue to be a BCG fan. When a new coach comes into a program and has immediate success like a Tubby Smith or a Bruce Weber at Illinios then the previous coach is given most of the credit for the success. Shouldn't it be the same way if the tables are turned? Nobody blamed Roy Williams in his 1st year at UNC when they struggled, everyone blamed the players and their recruiter Matt Doherty. The same standards should be given to BCG. I'm not at all surprised with the way the team has been playing, they've been playing like this since they arrived in Lexington. It's the same things time after time, Crawford shooting 50 times a game and forcing everything while disrubting the offense and the rest of the team standing around watching him while at the same time playing with no intensity and no heart. UK fans need to get off BCG's case, give him time. Wait to see how "his" teams do after he has recruited them. Everyone wants to win now and I understand that but it's not realistic. We didn't get in this shape overnite and we're not going to get out of it overnite either, it will take some time. The right man has the job, now give him the time and respect to do it.

 

Excellent post, UKCATS, and I couldn't agree more. I have been making that comparison to a lot of people. I love how the very same people that would live and die by "Tubby won with Rick's players" are the very ones that do not want to give Billy time to get his own players.

 

Its the kind of fans that are calling for BCG's head that make people like Dick Vitale loathe UK fans and for sports enthusiasts to put us in the same bracket with Yankee fans as the craziest and most overly demanding fans in sport.

I missed alot of the game, but why was Bradley not in the game the last 12 minutes of second half?

I am going to support BCG. Without him we probably woudnt have PP at UK. I understand that people are frustrated but, IMO, these are the same people that dont really know the game of basketball.

I will say it again, just write this year off and possibly next. It will take awhile to straighten this mess out. The secret is just watch expecting to lose, it makes it much easier.

I missed alot of the game, but why was Bradley not in the game the last 12 minutes of second half?

 

He was in the ever-present BCG Dog House.

Pitino lost 5 straight when he first came to UK.

  • Author
Tubby's teams were NEVER close to this shape.

 

My problem is... same players, same injuries and same whatever, this team would be better than 4-5 with Tubby as the coach IMO.

 

:thumb: :thumb:

 

Exactly. There is no way this team is 4-5 with Tubby coaching..

Tubby's teams were NEVER close to this shape.

 

This is Tubby's team! The only player that BCG can call "his" player would be Patterson and he's been the only bright spot this season.

  • Author
This is Tubby's team! The only player that BCG can call "his" player would be Patterson and he's been the only bright spot this season.

 

Your right, this is Tubby's team. Just not with Tubby coaching. Now if he was, they wouldn't be 4-5..

My problem with this post is that it is not the same players, it is not the same injuries, and its not the same whatever.

 

We no longer have Morris. We dont yet have Jasper. We dont have a 100% Meeks. For all we know, Patterson may have not been playing at full strength the last few games.

 

Did anyone suffer a tear in their pelvic area? Did our starting point guard miss the first part of the year due to knee surgery?

 

Where do you come up with this argument?

 

 

It's easy to say Tubby would be doing better. Its easy because there is no way you cant be proved wrong.

 

There is simply no way of getting around that this team is Tubby's fault.

 

You misunderstood me. I'm saying put Tubby at the head of this team and then give him all the problems BCG has had this year and we would be better than 4-5.

This is Tubby's team! The only player that BCG can call "his" player would be Patterson and he's been the only bright spot this season.

 

I would say Patterson is at least 50% Tubby's guy.

I am going to support BCG. Without him we probably woudnt have PP at UK. I understand that people are frustrated but' date=' IMO, these are the same people that dont really know the game of basketball.[/quote']

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

How could any UK fan not be frustrated? I am on board for giving BCG time but c'mon this team is embarassing.

  • Author
You misunderstood me. I'm saying put Tubby at the head of this team and then give him all the problems BCG has had this year and we would be better than 4-5.

 

I agree. People can hate and hate on Tubby Smith, but that man gave you a lot of success over his career that Billy G may never see..

I agree. People can hate and hate on Tubby Smith, but that man gave you a lot of success over his career that Billy G may never see..

 

Tubby Smith turned the winningest team in NCAA history into a mid-major team. That's all that needs to be said.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.