Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky...

Featured Replies

I agree with some points on all sides of this. I personally think Billy G is not doing a great job thus far. Yeah, it may be with "Tubby's" team, but I also agree that Tubby would have this team sitting at 7-2 or 6-3 right now.

 

There is no way, regardless of how talentless you say we are, that we should lose at Rupp to Gardner-Webb. BTW - this team has some talent, maybe not as much as last year but very close.

 

4-5 is a horrible start and it is just snowballing now. The team needs some confidence boosters going into SEC play. It will be interesting to see how Billy G responds to the pressure and how he gets HIS team to respond.

 

It may take a while to mold the team they way Billy G wants it, but do the UK fans have the patience for that? I know it destroys me inside everytime I watch the Cats lose. I grew up idolizing UK basketball and all it stood for and all it was. To see the program in the state it is in now is almost like torture.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with some points on all sides of this. I personally think Billy G is not doing a great job thus far. Yeah, it may be with "Tubby's" team, but I also agree that Tubby would have this team sitting at 7-2 or 6-3 right now.

 

There is no way, regardless of how talentless you say we are, that we should lose at Rupp to Gardner-Webb. BTW - this team has some talent, maybe not as much as last year but very close.

 

4-5 is a horrible start and it is just snowballing now. The team needs some confidence boosters going into SEC play. It will be interesting to see how Billy G responds to the pressure and how he gets HIS team to respond.

 

It may take a while to mold the team they way Billy G wants it, but do the UK fans have the patience for that? I know it destroys me inside everytime I watch the Cats lose. I grew up idolizing UK basketball and all it stood for and all it was. To see the program in the state it is in now is almost like torture.

 

 

It is what it is, you just have to keep supporting them. :thumb:

Tubby didn't start off 4-5...

 

He had a freakin all star team. Slick Rick left the program just a tad better of than the Tubster.

Tubby didn't start off 4-5...

 

Did UK make the championship game the last two years?

 

Right.

Did UK make the championship game the last two years?

 

Right.

 

So, is that the only qualification of doing a good job at UK?

 

Cause UK hired a coach that has never made a Final 4 let alone the championship game.

So, is that the only qualification of doing a good job at UK?

 

Cause UK hired a coach that has never made a Final 4 let alone the championship game.

 

What I meant was that Tubby inherited a roster that had made the NCAA finals the previous two years. BCG didn't.

 

Arguing whether Tubby would have a better record so far this season is fair game I think (I think he would have BTW), but not a comparison of their first few games. The situtations they inherited were completely different.

What I meant was that Tubby inherited a roster that had made the NCAA finals the previous two years. BCG didn't.

 

Arguing whether Tubby would have a better record so far this season is fair game I think (I think he would have BTW), but not a comparison of their first few games. The situtations they inherited were completely different.

 

Tubby had a very unique situation when he came in. How many new coaches have EVER inherited what Tubby inherited?

 

Gene Bartow at UCLA might be the ONLY ONE EVER.

 

What does that say about UK and the position Tubby was in that ONLY TWICE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NCAA, Tubby was where he was in 1998?

 

To me, it says that it is a abnormality that you can't compare other years to because abnormality means it doesn't normally happen that way.

UK finally has the salesman they need to get he kids they need. Let him have at it and quit judging him by what Tubby's recruits are doing, or not doing on the court. Crawford is probably the most overrated Cat in last 20 yrs. Bradley is not very good either. They are just bad and they need a complete overhaul outside of the current Frosh. Give Billly time... let him get the snakeoil out and do some recruiting before calling for his head.

 

1. Gillespie is going to work hard at recruiting and should be successful at it.

2. Tubby was an excellent coach, but did not like to play the recruiting games.

3. The fans need to give Gillespie some time before issuing a verdict on him.

4. Crawford is a good offensive player who needs to develop other parts of his game, but seems to be working harder and improving.

5. Bradley tries hard, but is playing out of position and needs to be a scorer.

6. Two of the sophomores have a good chance to play in the NBA.

7. UK will be a pretty good team by the end of the year if everyone gets healthy.

I agree with some points on all sides of this. I personally think Billy G is not doing a great job thus far. Yeah, it may be with "Tubby's" team, but I also agree that Tubby would have this team sitting at 7-2 or 6-3 right now.

 

There is no way, regardless of how talentless you say we are, that we should lose at Rupp to Gardner-Webb. BTW - this team has some talent, maybe not as much as last year but very close.

 

4-5 is a horrible start and it is just snowballing now. The team needs some confidence boosters going into SEC play. It will be interesting to see how Billy G responds to the pressure and how he gets HIS team to respond.

 

It may take a while to mold the team they way Billy G wants it, but do the UK fans have the patience for that? I know it destroys me inside everytime I watch the Cats lose. I grew up idolizing UK basketball and all it stood for and all it was. To see the program in the state it is in now is almost like torture.

 

That's assuming the roster is 100% healthy, which it hasn't been. Subtract Meeks and Jasper and how much talent do you have...

 

Seriously, with the injuries, Gillispie has been behind the 8 ball.

 

Bradley is a solid player and Patterson is a stud. Crawford has his moments, but overall he's inconsistent and overrated. After that, the team is full of role players and walk-ons that are being forced to start and play significant minutes...Porter, Stevenson, Coury, Harris, Stewart, etc...with a full and healthy roster, I agree that this team could be competitive with most teams on the schedule. However, the depth was pencil thin and losing Meeks and Jasper was devastating. Again, I don't know why that's so hard to figure out.

 

Under the same circumstances, the only game I think Tubby would have won that Gillispie didn't is Gardner-Webb. He would have lost to UAB...heck, he couldn't beat them with the #1 overall seed in the tourny...and he would have lost to Houston...a team that should have beat us in Rupp last year. I'd say we'd likely be 5-6 under Tubby...

 

That's so much better.;)

Just a question...for all the people saying our record would be so much better with Tubby. Here's what I think...

 

I'll give Tubby Gardner Webb...however, by him winning that game, it likely means he has two additional losses in New York. Considering the injuries, it's anything but a certainty he would have won vs. UAB or Houston. Houston should have beat us in Rupp last year. UAB had a guy playing lights out carrying his team to victory. And Tubby would still have the same talent-challenged and injured roster...

 

I say his record would be 5-6...but for argument's sake, I'll give him one of the two games against UAB and Houston...that makes it 6-5. How many people would be happy about that?

You guys in melt down mode just isn't much fun for me... :irked: :p

You guys in melt down mode just isn't much fun for me... :irked: :p

 

Like UK fans, GT, you just need to be patient. Won't be too long that UK is back to 26-30 win seasons and Final 4 appearances.:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.