Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky...

Featured Replies

The outcry against Brooks was ridiculous considering the situation he inherited.

 

Agreed.

 

First of all, the guy inherited a roster in which a 20 and 10-ish season would have been a big success...that's if everyone would have stayed 100% healthy.

 

Disagreed. Would have been a BIG success? This roster at 100% SHOULD be a 20 win team.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've brought up Tubby a few times in this thread just to show how ridiculous some people are (Wireman). I do not want Tubby back and I am 100% behind BCG, but c'mon the honeymoon is over and this guy needs some criticism. Am I calling for his head? Absolutely not. According to the "Tubby Haters" things like the Legion situation weren't supposed to happen once the Tubster was gone but a few weeks into Billy's first year and already it happens. Let me guess... that one was Tubby's fault? Again, I think the break up with Tubby will eventually be best for both parties, and yes, we should give BCG sometime, but he's often given a pass just because some people hated Tubby so much.

 

I give him a pass because he is a new coach, putting in a different system.

Agreed.

 

 

 

Disagreed. Would have been a BIG success? This roster at 100% SHOULD be a 20 win team.

 

IF there were no injuries.

 

GW had a hurt Meeks playing and no Jasper.

Houston had a recovering Meeks who was probably 70%, no Patterson or Jasper.

IU no Meeks, no Jasper and No Gordon for KU.

Agreed.

 

 

 

Disagreed. Would have been a BIG success? This roster at 100% SHOULD be a 20 win team.

 

Maybe they should be a 20 win team...I wouldn't say it was a certainty. It's just hard for me to criticize a guy after 9 games with a roster as depleted as UK's. Again, it's a weak roster minus two of it's best players.

 

No excuse for the GW loss. IU and UNC would have been losses regardless. What can you do when a guy for UAB morphs into Michael Jordan for a half? And last night they lose to a Houston team that should have beat them in Rupp last year, and they played without PP and with Meeks in his first game back.

 

In any case, have at it. I won't say I expected UK to be 4-5, but I was expecting to have a healthy roster. I'll just wait it out...it will get better.

When is the last time this fanbase was in agreement on anything?

Just to dot the i's because I am concerned that some cannot recognize the i let alone dot it.:D

 

When Tubby was hired, UK had a 8 victory lead.

When Tubby left, UK had a 32 victory lead.

 

If Tubby took the greatest program in history to a mid-major level, I guess UNC went to the Gardner Webb level.;):p

 

 

Actually, they sort of did when Daugherty, or however you spell it was there. Unfortunately, Big Roy has them coming back with vengeance.

Maybe they should be a 20 win team...I wouldn't say it was a certainty. It's just hard for me to criticize a guy after 9 games with a roster as depleted as UK's. Again, it's a weak roster minus two of it's best players.

 

No excuse for the GW loss. IU and UNC would have been losses regardless. What can you do when a guy for UAB morphs into Michael Jordan for a half? And last night they lose to a Houston team that should have beat them in Rupp last year, and they played without PP and with Meeks in his first game back.

 

In any case, have at it. I won't say I expected UK to be 4-5, but I was expecting to have a healthy roster. I'll just wait it out...it will get better.

 

Maybe it's just the way we are getting beat that is bothering me. In three of the five losses the game was over with about 15 minutes to play. Another was to GWebb, and the game against UAB I can live with. My biggest problem is that we aren't even being competitive.

Maybe it's just the way we are getting beat that is bothering me. In three of the five losses the game was over with about 15 minutes to play. Another was to GWebb, and the game against UAB I can live with. My biggest problem is that we aren't even being competitive.

 

Actually, we were still only 10 points behind with oodles of time left, until Joe "the Maniac" Crawford came down and made two bad plays in a row.

The outcry against Brooks was ridiculous considering the situation he inherited.

 

Just like people up in arms over Gillispie and the current situation...first of all, the guy inherited a roster in which a 20 and 10-ish season would have been a big success...that's if everyone would have stayed 100% healthy. Now, subtract your starting point guard...your best perimeter player (and possibly your best player in Meeks)...and a talented freshmen guard. Why on earth would anyone expect this team to be rolling up W's?

 

Oh wait...I forgot. They have Kentucky on their jersey...the rest of college basketball is supposed to roll over and die at the sight of that...especially the Gardner Webb's, UAB's and Houston's.

 

For goodness sake people, get over it. Get over Tubby's departure...get over the fact that he left us with a depleted roster...get over the fact that injuries have decimated that already weak roster...these things happen. Gillispie will be fine at UK. He just needs time to recruit his players, build the roster back up to a Division I level, and get everyone on board with his system. Unfortunately, that just doesn't happen overnight. (See Rich Brooks)

 

 

Are you trying to sit there and tell me that Ramon Harris, Michael Porter, Mark Coury, Jarred Carter, and Mo Williams are not D1 players. You are losing credibility as you type pal.

Actually, we were still only 10 points behind with oodles of time left, until Joe "the Maniac" Crawford came down and made two bad plays in a row.

 

You mean after he brought us back from 25 down by himself? Trust me, the game was never in doubt.

You mean after he brought us back from 25 down by himself? Trust me, the game was never in doubt.

 

Oh, OK. I'm glad you clarified that.

UK finally has the salesman they need to get he kids they need. Let him have at it and quit judging him by what Tubby's recruits are doing, or not doing on the court. Crawford is probably the most overrated Cat in last 20 yrs. Bradley is not very good either. They are just bad and they need a complete overhaul outside of the current Frosh. Give Billly time... let him get the snakeoil out and do some recruiting before calling for his head.

Cmon guys, everyone gave Tubby a chance, now give Billy G one

  • Author
Cmon guys, everyone gave Tubby a chance, now give Billy G one

 

Tubby didn't start off 4-5...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.