Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Whitley Co. 71 Leslie Co 58

Featured Replies

Yeah, Whitley needs to toughen their schedule up a bit. I think that next year they might try scheduling Jellico three times in regular season, Richmond Model a time or two, and maybe even Burgin. That should get them ready for post season play. This would put them comparable to a few neighboring schools in the area.

 

So Duke, you think a school with a enrollment of about 220 students should play a comparable schedule to a school with about 1200 students...Makes sense to me...

Wow, so defensive on this one, sorry didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, call it what you will, and I am glad to see that people are still talking about the "area schools", man what jealously we have... at any rate, I see Corbin with 700 to 900 students playing such a weak schedule, (there is sarcasm in this) compared to a school with 1200 students, again, I said I never blamed Whitley for their schedule, they are a powerhouse, I hope to see them in the all A

No worries, here. I'm just an outsider looking in on this but it seems as though soon as we start talking schedules we have to scrutinize the Colonels schedule. Jellico seems to be the weekest team on there other than Conerstone Christian. Two "gimmie" games on a 25+ game schedule. I just don't know how you can call that a weak schedule. I would say this schedule is comparable to MOST of the surrounding schools. Especially in the later part of the year whith schools such as North Laurel and Knox Central.

Excellent post Duke. Whitley is playing the type of schedule that most schools within 20 miles are playing, with sometimes 6X the number of students!!! Again, I will say what they are doing is great for that program, it will prepare them to do well in the region!

Coach Baker inherited the schedule that Whitley Co. has now. Give him a couple of seasons and he will have a competitive schedule.

 

at Breathitt County H.S. (regular season tournaments)

2001- Central Bank Cardinal Classic at GRC (Dist. Champs/Reg. S.F.)

2002- Central Bank Cardinal Classic at GRC, Clay Co. Classic, WYMT Classic (Dist. Champs/Reg. Runner-up)

2003- Won Ashland Blazer Tournament defeating Lafayette in finals, was Runner-up in the Perry Central Tournament to host school (Dist. Champs/Reg. Semi-finals)

 

Besides these tournaments, Breathitt County always played the top teams in the 14th region each year too.

Okay Fundamental... If you were coaching at the county and you were making a schedule, what would be your idea of a schedule that is not "weak."

I agree with Bubba, Whitley's schedule is fine...

 

I'm on board with you two. They play enough good teams to expose their weaknesses, which allows them to work on those areas.

 

Coach Baker appears to be doing an excellent job so far.

Okay Fundamental... If you were coaching at the county and you were making a schedule, what would be your idea of a schedule that is not "weak."

 

 

I would not change a thing on Whitley's schedule, they once again need to play these type of teams, please make sure that you read my post, I have stated from the beginning that I thought Whitley's schedule was fine. If that bothers anyone I am sorry.

  • Author
I'm on board with you two. They play enough good teams to expose their weaknesses, which allows them to work on those areas.

Coach Baker appears to be doing an excellent job so far.

 

 

You know, that might be one of the most astute points I have seen on BGP in sometime, in that your regular season should expose your weakness so that you can work and get better.

You know, that might be one of the most astute points I have seen on BGP in sometime, in that your regular season should expose your weakness so that you can work and get better.

 

4chs and Bubba are smart people, I think they have watched a few BB games in their time...

You know, that might be one of the most astute points I have seen on BGP in sometime, in that your regular season should expose your weakness so that you can work and get better.

 

Me and Bubba were sitting up in the cheap seats next to the band one game and I overheard him say something like that, so I thought that I would plagiarize just a little bit on here.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.