Come on CAT's fans!

WKYfootballguy

I'm just trying to figure you out here. You say we so I take it as you are a Cats fan. But then you come off very negative towards the program. Is it you loved Tubby or a hate for Gilespie?

I am very much so a Cats fan just a realistic one. I don't love or hate either of them.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not bothered at all as a UK fan. If you people didn't think this was going to be a VERY tough year with what Tubby left behind then I don't know what to tell you. New coach, new system, not much talent equals a tough year. I still think we can grow and do good things especially after we get healthy. I'll wait until year 3/4 to totally judge BCG. Let him get HIS recruites in here then judge. We've got a chance to knock some people off if we get healthy but this isn't a National Championship team!

Ok, just hear me out...I am VERY frustrated and it's NOT at BCG as so much the Wildcat Nation!

Anyone with ANY UK basketball background should CLEARLY see that this was coming! If you don't think Tubby saw the writing on the wall and bailed you aren't very educated at the direction the UK program has been heading. I know, I know-Tubby's not here, he's a great man, UK fans are too harsh...

Are UK fans critical? YES! Just ask yourself honestly one thing...Has UK declined more in the last decade versus other SEC teams than anytime in previous history?

Is BCG struggling with this group, of course anyone would! I don't understand how someone can logically say Tubby would have done better. He was a fine ball coach, but HE WAS LAZZZZZY recruiting as seen with our current team!

YOU CAN NOT, REPEAT NOT have a walkon starting in the frontcourt for an elite SEC team! You can't have a shooting guard that has the handles of Manute Bol:rolleyes:

Please just support the TEAM we have & COACH we have and let BCG turn UK back in a positive direction...I really appreciate BGPland for it's integrity of discussions and can't believe the bickering that occurs amongst fans most of who think this just happened over night!

UK FANS TIMES HAVE CHANGED: Tubby did NOT believe in recruiting kids who were one and done's but to compete for championships over the years to come a team must! Thanks for letting me Rant!

Very good post. Unfortunately, these times make the great times worth remembering. I really believe great times are ahead but it will take awhile. I am not worried at all. I don't expect a whole lot this year. And I just told another person that if Tubby WON the national championship this year, which is unlikely, but if he did, I would be happy for him. No panic here. However, I am a UK fan so a few bad years and I'm terrified.

Losing to Indiana and NC was going to happen. UK should have the players to beat GW and UAB. Coaching has to tighten up. Make adjustments. I'm guessing Stewart practiced bad and Harris good this week. Harris turned his hard work into some silly turnovers at gametime.

A combination of John Wooden, Adolph Rupp, Dean Smith, Bobby Knight, and any other great coach one might want to add to the list, couldn't win with this team.

You're not going to win with players like Courey, Porter, Harris, Stevenson, etc... the type of players that are usually playing at Morehead State or EKU. Or Georgetown. The talent level and depth just isn't there for a program of UK's stature.

As I have always said and will again, I am first and foremost a U.K. basketball fan and always will be. A part of me is still wondering why this thread was even started. Looking more and more to me like another Tubby bashing thread :D. As soon as everyone can get past the fact that whether you liked him or hated him Tubby Smith is at Minnesota. Billy Giilispie is at U.K., those are the facts and blaming Tubby for who we have or do not have is working out and improving what?......Nothing.

I, like many U.K. fans will stay behind ths team no matter what. U.K. basketball will be alright. U.K. basketball will be back to where we all want and expect it to be. This year??...No. Next season, probably not but will be better.

If a pct. of U.K. fans would quit trying to find someone to blame anything and everything on and just put that wasted energy into getting behind the program and supporting it without all of the blame game then imo all would be better off.

Complaining about Tubby or anything/anyone else changes what?? ....Nothing.

IMO Tubby Smith did not leave U.K. bc he "saw writing on the wall" with this years team or anything like that. Tubby Smith left bc he was sick and tired of being slammed over anything and everything and more important having his family slammed about anything at every opportunity. I would hate to think, hear or guess at the comments that Donna heard during their time here.

We all saw Saul "booed" and talked bout, critisized at every move much more so than any other player on his teams. Saul Smith played with more heart and desire than anyone on the floor. Did he have more talent?...No, but he made up for that with hustle, heart and desire.

Another thing that doesn't matter but something to think about now is all the while everyone is still bashing Tubbby, we (UK) are 4-4 and he (Minn., who imo started out this season with far less talent than U.K.) were 7-1 going into tonight.

Don't start on the schedules -Yes we have played UNC and IU but I don't think that we will see Gardner-Webb or Stoney Point in the final 4 anytime soon :sssh:.

Lets all just get behind this U.K. team and quit trying to find reasons or to place blame. Negativity Breeds negativity.

I am sorry about going on and am not singling any one individual out here but I honestly believe that 10 years from now people will still be blaming OTS for any loss U.K. has :lol:.

Very good post. Unfortunately, these times make the great times worth remembering. I really believe great times are ahead but it will take awhile. I am not worried at all. I don't expect a whole lot this year. And I just told another person that if Tubby WON the national championship this year, which is unlikely, but if he did, I would be happy for him. No panic here. However, I am a UK fan so a few bad years and I'm terrified.

:thumb: Very good post atticus, I 100% agree with what you said.

As I have always said and will again, I am first and foremost a U.K. basketball fan and always will be. A part of me is still wondering why this thread was even started. Looking more and more to me like another Tubby bashing thread :D. As soon as everyone can get past the fact that whether you liked him or hated him Tubby Smith is at Minnesota. Billy Giilispie is at U.K., those are the facts and blaming Tubby for who we have or do not have is working out and improving what?......Nothing.

I, like many U.K. fans will stay behind ths team no matter what. U.K. basketball will be alright. U.K. basketball will be back to where we all want and expect it to be. This year??...No. Next season, probably not but will be better.

If a pct. of U.K. fans would quit trying to find someone to blame anything and everything on and just put that wasted energy into getting behind the program and supporting it without all of the blame game then imo all would be better off.

IMO Tubby Smith did not leave U.K. bc he "saw writing on the wall" with this years team or anything like that. Tubby Smith left bc he was sick and tired of being slammed over anything and everything and more important having his family slammed about anything at every opportunity. I would hate to think, hear or guess at the comments that Donna heard during their time here.

We all saw Saul "booed" and talked bout, critisized at every move much more so than any other player on his teams. Saul Smith played with more heart and desire than anyone on the floor. Did he have more talent?...No, but he made up for that with hustle, heart and desire.

Another thing that doesn't matter but something to think about now is all the while everyone is still bashing Tubbby, we (UK) are 4-4 and he (Minn., who imo started out this season with far less talent than U.K.) were 7-1 going into tonight.

Don't start on the schedules -Yes we have played UNC and IU but I don't think that we will see Gardner-Webb or Stoney Point in the final 4 anytime soon :sssh:.

Lets all just get behind this U.K. team and quit trying to find reasons or to place blame. Negativity Breeds negativity.

I am sorry about going on and am not singling any one individual out here but I honestly believe that 10 years from now people will still be blaming OTS for any loss U.K. has :lol:.

:thumb::thumb::thumb: Excellent!!!!

I do agree that winning the title is harder now, but being in the hunt year in and year out should not be. The other elites are doing fine. We've just slipped into mediocrity.

I know, parity, parity, parity now, but when does parity hit Duke, Kansas and NC the way it is supposed to even out the game now?

The field of 64 (65) at the end of the year still seems to boil down to the same 8-10 teams with one suprise thrown in there, and usually the suprise team has some serious basketball background.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I do agree that winning the title is harder now, but being in the hunt year in and year out should not be. The other elites are doing fine. We've just slipped into mediocrity.

I know, parity, parity, parity now, but when does parity hit Duke, Kansas and NC the way it is supposed to even out the game now?

The field of 64 (65) at the end of the year still seems to boil down to the same 8-10 teams with one suprise thrown in there, and usually the suprise team has some serious basketball background.

Hate to burst a good post but UNC was not the example you wanted to use. Two words: Matt Doherty. They were 8-20 his last year and very mediocre for about 3 or so.

As for Duke; look up the 1995 to '97 teams and you'll see mediocrity.

:thumb: Agreed!

Also, I never saw anyone blaming Tubby when his UK team was 1 point away from a Final Four with Chuck Hayes and Patrick Sparks (Neither one would be considered "UK worthy")

Also, I never saw anyone blaming Tubby when his UK team was 1 point away from a Final Four with Chuck Hayes and Patrick Sparks (Neither one would be considered "UK worthy")

I did. Tubby never had a chance at Kentucky because he followed Pitino. You don't follow the legend. You follow the guy that follows the legend.