Come on CAT's fans!

WKYfootballguy

:thumb:

As I have always said and will again, I am first and foremost a U.K. basketball fan and always will be. A part of me is still wondering why this thread was even started. Looking more and more to me like another Tubby bashing thread :D. As soon as everyone can get past the fact that whether you liked him or hated him Tubby Smith is at Minnesota. Billy Giilispie is at U.K., those are the facts and blaming Tubby for who we have or do not have is working out and improving what?......Nothing.

I, like many U.K. fans will stay behind ths team no matter what. U.K. basketball will be alright. U.K. basketball will be back to where we all want and expect it to be. This year??...No. Next season, probably not but will be better.

If a pct. of U.K. fans would quit trying to find someone to blame anything and everything on and just put that wasted energy into getting behind the program and supporting it without all of the blame game then imo all would be better off.

Complaining about Tubby or anything/anyone else changes what?? ....Nothing.

IMO Tubby Smith did not leave U.K. bc he "saw writing on the wall" with this years team or anything like that. Tubby Smith left bc he was sick and tired of being slammed over anything and everything and more important having his family slammed about anything at every opportunity. I would hate to think, hear or guess at the comments that Donna heard during their time here.

We all saw Saul "booed" and talked bout, critisized at every move much more so than any other player on his teams. Saul Smith played with more heart and desire than anyone on the floor. Did he have more talent?...No, but he made up for that with hustle, heart and desire.

Another thing that doesn't matter but something to think about now is all the while everyone is still bashing Tubbby, we (UK) are 4-4 and he (Minn., who imo started out this season with far less talent than U.K.) were 7-1 going into tonight.

Don't start on the schedules -Yes we have played UNC and IU but I don't think that we will see Gardner-Webb or Stoney Point in the final 4 anytime soon :sssh:.

Lets all just get behind this U.K. team and quit trying to find reasons or to place blame. Negativity Breeds negativity.

I am sorry about going on and am not singling any one individual out here but I honestly believe that 10 years from now people will still be blaming OTS for any loss U.K. has :lol:.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I also agree-this is a great post. Whether you loved Tubby or hated him please move on. What's funny is that people used to always get on Tubby for not recruiting the "home-grown" Kentucky players even if they weren't world beaters. (and please don't comment about Lofton - his success in college has surprised most of the experts). They also bash Tubby for not recruiting the blue-chippers. Talk about getting it from all sides. I give any coach credit who can survive at Kentucky for 5 years let alone 10. I hope that in the long run, history will be kind to Tubby and remember him for the claasy individual he was (and is) as well as his outstanding accomplishments (NCAA champion, National Coach of the Year, undefeated SEC seasons, 26 wins per year....)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to burst a good post but UNC was not the example you wanted to use. Two words: Matt Doherty. They were 8-20 his last year and very mediocre for about 3 or so.

As for Duke; look up the 1995 to '97 teams and you'll see mediocrity.

UNC finally got a coach, and it even took Roy Williams a year to get everything running as smoothly as he likes it, and Duke was without Coach K during those years.