Come on CAT's fans!

WKYfootballguy

Ok, just hear me out...I am VERY frustrated and it's NOT at BCG as so much the Wildcat Nation!

Anyone with ANY UK basketball background should CLEARLY see that this was coming! If you don't think Tubby saw the writing on the wall and bailed you aren't very educated at the direction the UK program has been heading. I know, I know-Tubby's not here, he's a great man, UK fans are too harsh...

Are UK fans critical? YES! Just ask yourself honestly one thing...Has UK declined more in the last decade versus other SEC teams than anytime in previous history?

Is BCG struggling with this group, of course anyone would! I don't understand how someone can logically say Tubby would have done better. He was a fine ball coach, but HE WAS LAZZZZZY recruiting as seen with our current team!

YOU CAN NOT, REPEAT NOT have a walkon starting in the frontcourt for an elite SEC team! You can't have a shooting guard that has the handles of Manute Bol:rolleyes:

Please just support the TEAM we have & COACH we have and let BCG turn UK back in a positive direction...I really appreciate BGPland for it's integrity of discussions and can't believe the bickering that occurs amongst fans most of who think this just happened over night!

UK FANS TIMES HAVE CHANGED: Tubby did NOT believe in recruiting kids who were one and done's but to compete for championships over the years to come a team must! Thanks for letting me Rant!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to Nation:

Your not gonna win titles every year like teams used too. To many teams in the Nation get better and bigger players. This is not the 60's and 70's.

The problem most have is that it wasn't the 60s and 70s where we were do dominant, it was 10 years ago. And for 95% of the UK fans on this board that was what we grew accostomed to, for most of us just because that was the first time we payed attention to such things, and for others I'm assuming they just can't remember past that.:D

Note to Nation:

Your not gonna win titles every year like teams used too. To many teams in the Nation get better and bigger players. This is not the 60's and 70's.

UK only won one title in the 60's and 70's, I do remember a team from out west that was pretty decent in that time frame.

Ok, just hear me out...I am VERY frustrated and it's NOT at BCG as so much the Wildcat Nation!

Anyone with ANY UK basketball background should CLEARLY see that this was coming! If you don't think Tubby saw the writing on the wall and bailed you aren't very educated at the direction the UK program has been heading. I know, I know-Tubby's not here, he's a great man, UK fans are too harsh...

Are UK fans critical? YES! Just ask yourself honestly one thing...Has UK declined more in the last decade versus other SEC teams than anytime in previous history?

Is BCG struggling with this group, of course anyone would! I don't understand how someone can logically say Tubby would have done better. He was a fine ball coach, but HE WAS LAZZZZZY recruiting as seen with our current team!

YOU CAN NOT, REPEAT NOT have a walkon starting in the frontcourt for an elite SEC team! You can't have a shooting guard that has the handles of Manute Bol:rolleyes:

Please just support the TEAM we have & COACH we have and let BCG turn UK back in a positive direction...I really appreciate BGPland for it's integrity of discussions and can't believe the bickering that occurs amongst fans most of who think this just happened over night!

UK FANS TIMES HAVE CHANGED: Tubby did NOT believe in recruiting kids who were one and done's but to compete for championships over the years to come a team must! Thanks for letting me Rant!

Sorry but the UK fans asked for this and they got it. It hasn't worked out like most thought it would so far. It doesn't look like its going to get that much better in a hurry. We have one quality big men now and I don't see any on the horizon and until we get that not to much will change.

The point I am making is, its very hard to win a championship. It will take time.

Was it easier in the 60's and 70's? If so then why did the Cats only have one?

You happened to pick probably the worst 2 decades for UK as far as winning NCAA championships. I just wasn't getting what you were saying.

Sorry but the UK fans asked for this and they got it. It hasn't worked out like most thought it would so far. It doesn't look like its going to get that much better in a hurry. We have one quality big men now and I don't see any on the horizon and until we get that not to much will change.

So UK only has one big man because of the fans?

Tell me this who's fault is it we don't have more than one quality big man? If BCG had taken this job earlier we probably have two top 10 recruits in the post.