Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Radio Announcers

Featured Replies

I'm a Belfry Pirate fan and I didn't have a dog in the fight in the Beechwood and Lexington Christian Academy game today but those broadcasters from the webcast at Papa John's Stadium were really biased against the Beechwood Tigers and they really showed it on the webcast all during the championship game...I think it's a shame that they would be so biased against these kids who are only 16,17,or 18 years of age,and some playing in what might be their last game in a football uniform....

 

 

Way To Go Beecwood Tigers!!!!!!!

2007 Class A Champions!!!!!!!!!

 

Just want all the people to know this is from a Belfry Pirate Fan!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know that they weren't LCA's announcers?

  • Author

Thank You Very Much!!!

Thank You Very Much!!!
No problem. :thumb:

After the game they tended to talk more about, or atleast mentioned the LCA kids first, that did seem to be a bit biased to me but so is life

One of the guys have to have came from northern KY cause when they were talking about a hole being big enough to have a three legged race and one guy was like whats that we dont know what that is in Northern ky.......

It came up in the updates thread, but the webcast announcers didn't do a good job of showing who they were more excited about. Made some rather politically incorrect statements about their opinions on Beechwood as well. I'm really surprised. Maybe they weren't told this was going to be heard outside of Lexington? :confused::confused:

Do you know that they weren't LCA's announcers?

 

Yeah, but if it was Gary Ball doing the game -- which I thought I heard it was -- he does radio broadcasts of games in the Lex area, so he would be inclined to be sympathetic toward LCA.

 

FWIW, it sounds like the guys doing the pre-game for the Belfry-Central game have sympathies toward Belfry, as I heard one of them saying something along the lines of "bringing one home for Eastern Kentucky."

After the game they tended to talk more about, or atleast mentioned the LCA kids first, that did seem to be a bit biased to me but so is life

 

I agree. the post game was 95% about LCA. Should have been more about the team that won the game. IMO

I didn't see much of a bias. They only comment I remember was when one of them was cheering LCA to get over and fill a lane on a kickoff. Other than that I think they just tended to get real excited on big plays. Of course, I didn't hear the after game talk.

Sounds like the voice of the Boyle County Rebels (Big Daddy Steve Bertrum) is doing the Belfry/Central game for the KHSAA.

Sounds like the voice of the Boyle County Rebels (Big Daddy Steve Bertrum) is doing the Belfry/Central game for the KHSAA.

 

You are correct Rebel. At least he made it there for us. :lol:

 

The man would pimp his soul for a buck! :D

I didn't see much of a bias. They only comment I remember was when one of them was cheering LCA to get over and fill a lane on a kickoff. Other than that I think they just tended to get real excited on big plays. Of course, I didn't hear the after game talk.

 

You could hear the bias in voice. Also, one made a comment that Beechwood is a "Public Private School" and that's another can of worms. Always referring to Hayden (of LCA) as the D-Train makes it sound like you eat dinner with the fella. That's not always the case when you call people by their nicknames, but it sounded like he was doing it in a rooting way.

 

It's not like the announcers made a difference in the game, but it was strange to hear them.

They need to get the CovCath radio annoucers to do these games...

You could hear the bias in voice. Also, one made a comment that Beechwood is a "Public Private School" and that's another can of worms. Always referring to Hayden (of LCA) as the D-Train makes it sound like you eat dinner with the fella. That's not always the case when you call people by their nicknames, but it sounded like he was doing it in a rooting way.

 

It's not like the announcers made a difference in the game, but it was strange to hear them.

 

I was starting to question if I was listening to a LCA internet broadcast, although having listened to a lot of those here in NKY; none of those up here are that biased?? One more "D-TRAIN".....................................and I think I might have lost my lunch???? Also agree about the comments about the Beechwood school, their weight room, etc. insinuating they had an unnatural advantage of some sort!! Really weak and quite disappointing for so-called professional announcers!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.