Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Legion coming back?

Featured Replies

I heard on the news that Legion did tell Billy G. that he wanted to come back. Billy G. said as of right now no decisions had been made and as of now is not part of the team.

 

IMO he will be back.

  • Replies 128
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Billy G wants to see if Legion can be his own man and leave mom out of the equation. There comes a time when parents need to let there kids spread there wings and see where they land.

http://www.kentucky.com/269/story/252034.html

 

Freshman Alex Legion wants to return to Kentucky's team.

 

UK Coach Billy Gillispie wants no distractions going into Saturday's game at Indiana.

 

So a decision on welcoming Legion back will have to wait until at least next week. Or so it seems. Gillispie recoiled from even that thin reed of a timetable for a decision on the on-again, off-again player.

 

However, on Wednesday, Legion requested another meeting, which Gillispie scheduled for yesterday.

 

"We met for a little bit," the UK coach told reporters. "He wants to be back on the team or whatever."

 

When asked if he will talk again with Legion in the future, Gillispie said, "I don't know."

 

Gillispie did recall his response to Legion asking to return to the UK team. "I said, 'We'll talk,' " he said.

 

Much speculation has focused on Annette Legion as the person who wanted her son to play elsewhere. Earlier this week, she said that she would support her son if he chose to return to the UK team.

 

A reporter asked Gillispie what influence Annette had on her son's original request to leave.

 

"You'd have to ask him," the UK coach said. "I have my own thoughts on that. But I couldn't put a number on that as far as a percentage."

 

After a pause, he added, "I do have my opinion, yeah, which I won't share with you."

I think we all know what BCG's opinion is on Mrs. Legion.

I'm hearing he wants UM but Beilein isn't sold on taking him... :eek:

I'm hearing he wants UM but Beilein isn't sold on taking him... :eek:

 

Tubby's the coach at the only UM that matters.:fire:

 

And that is what these prima donna athletes truly need. Someone to simply say NO TO THEM!

 

Best thing for Legion would be for all college coaches to say no and the ONLY CHOICE he has, is to come back to Billy G and agree to do it Billy G's way.

Maggard says things look very doubtful now and that Legion will not be accepted back...

 

Momma must have said to much...

 

G

Mama said, "you stay away from that mean ole coach Gillethpie"

 

kathy_bates_1.jpg

Mama said, "you stay away from that mean ole coach Gillethpie"

 

kathy_bates_1.jpg

 

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sounds as if Illinois could be under strong consideration for his services.

 

I've heard the same. I've also heard he was told no by Beilein twice...

I've heard the same. I've also heard he was told no by Beilein twice...

 

Has Gillespie told him no as well?

Has Gillespie told him no as well?

I haven't confirmed that, but it seems to be correct...

I've heard the same. I've also heard he was told no by Beilein twice...

 

He had a chance to go to UM with Beilein and bailed. I can see Beilein's perspective.

UK had an assistant named Howard leave and take Tracy Webster's place at Illinois, so there is a connection there.

UK had an assistant named Howard leave and take Tracy Webster's place at Illinois, so there is a connection there.

 

So it's an Administrative Assistant and Legion to Illinois for Miller??? ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.