December 5, 200718 yr When I joined the Marine's and went to Boot Camp this would not have happened. :laugh: I hope everything works out for the young man. He need's to listen to his heart!!!!!!! JD
December 5, 200718 yr Mom needs to move back to Detroit and let her baby grow up. And they say Patrick Patterson's mom is bad....
December 5, 200718 yr I'm glad he's coming back. Seems like he was never 100% on leaving, but momma kinda pushed him that way. I'm not gonna give him crap for being a "mama's boy" though. Parents are still an enormous influence at 18/19. Shoot, tons of people live at home into their mid 20's. I'd say there has to be some type of "punishment." Maybe a 1/2 or 1 game suspension. Sounds like he already knows he made a mistake, so it doesn't need to be too severe, IMO.
December 5, 200718 yr It's a Detroit Thang...It's all in the water/Zug Island/Detroit River...:eek: I was thinking the same thing...:lol:
December 5, 200718 yr Lets be fair to the kid here. he is going through the hardest workouts of his life on a bad team and has a crazy mom telling him he doesnt have to take it. I know I would be confused at 18 from this. He will be punished enough by sec crowds with mommas boy chants. I agree, but the bottom line is that the kid still needs to learn some responsibility & suck it up. If he doesn't learn to handle some adversity here, he won't be able to do it in the game of life later on. Hopefully some character-building going on here. Also...parents' being concerned abouyt their child's well-being is good, but some go over the line, & using the press to air it out is immature.
December 5, 200718 yr He's considering a return, nothing official yet. Legion is already gone from the UK Athletics web site on the official roster.
December 5, 200718 yr I don't blame Legion one bit for this fiasco. Heck, I hope my kids listen to me that literally when they are 18/19 years old! On the other hand, Mama Legion is old enough to know better, and should. I think the best thing for both of them would be to do what another poster said and her to move away. Her following him from school to school is ridiculous. I know that probably wants her here, but she needs to let him go. She is going to ruin him if she doesn't.
December 5, 200718 yr I don't blame Legion one bit for this fiasco. Heck, I hope my kids listen to me that literally when they are 18/19 years old! On the other hand, Mama Legion is old enough to know better, and should. I think the best thing for both of them would be to do what another poster said and her to move away. Her following him from school to school is ridiculous. I know that probably wants her here, but she needs to let him go. She is going to ruin him if she doesn't. I don't have any problem with her following him. She just needs to learn to keep her mouth shut and only open it when Alex ask for help. She just needs to be there to support him and let him make his on decisions. IMO, our jobs as parents are just to listen when kids are this age and only give imput when it is asked for. That is not to say if you think your child is doing something life threating or that will hurt them in some way, that you should keep you mouth shut.
December 5, 200718 yr What is it with Michigan boys wanting to transfer? They can't handle it down here in the tropics.:jump:
December 5, 200718 yr I hope it works out...I'm just not a fan of letting guys walk away and then come crawling back. Nothing against them, but if it's not handled the right way I think it can really hurt the team. If I were in BCG's shoes, the rules would be laid out loud and clear for Legion and he'd have to follow them and put in some hard work to even sniff some playing time for a while. No way I'd just let him waltz back in with the same standing he had before this happened... But, that's just me. And, it would have much more to do with my team as a whole and my authority as a coach than it would be a punishment for Legion. We'll see how this works out. I'll just say, I'm hoping for the best but I'm not holding my breath.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.