Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Redskins Safety Sean Taylor dead

Featured Replies

Sad news , obviously.

 

Am I the only one not shocked that it was a Cane?

  • Replies 52
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so sad. There was encouraging news last night, but Sean passed away in the night. I heard the radio saying that there was a break-in last week, when things were stolen and a kitchen knife was left on a bed. Sean was visiting the home with his girlfriend, who is reportedly actor Andy Garcia's niece, and year-old daughter to look into the break-in and set the house to rights. According to the girlfriend, they were awakened by loud noises. Sean got up and grabbed a machete to investigate. Before he could leave the room, the locked door was smashed in. Two shots were fired, one hitting Taylor in the groin and severing his femoral artery. No one else was injured, and his daughter slept through the whole thing. Reports also say that the phone lines to the house were cut before the attack, and that Taylor's girlfriend had to call 911 on a cell phone. Sean Taylor was 24.

 

Given Sean's history, you have to wonder if this wasn't a setup the whole time to get him to come there , so they could shoot him. Given the kitchen knife, which sounds to me like a message, and the location of the injury, I'm wondering if they weren't trying to "de-man" him for lack of a better term and just missed. Or maybe they were just trying to shoot him in the leg to, again, send a message. Either way, this is just wrong. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, especially his daughter.

It's easy to speculate and I don't want to make light of the terrible news, but I am anxious to hear the whole story and that may take weeks if not months. I hope it is swift and those responsible are caught soon.

I was extremely shocked this morning watching TV and seeing this. Anyone read where he never got consciousness back since he got to the hospital but late last night he squeezed a nurses hand. That seemed alittle odd to me.

It seems like he would have kept a gun under the bed instead of a knife. Considering that his house had been broken into 8 days earlier and a knife was left lying on his bed. This is terrible news and then to realize that he is only 24 years old. I hate when young people die so early, even though I know its part of God's plan.

I was extremely shocked this morning watching TV and seeing this. Anyone read where he never got consciousness back since he got to the hospital but late last night he squeezed a nurses hand. That seemed alittle odd to me.

 

There is debate this morning over whether he actually squeezed the hand.

Horribly sad for all involved. However, a "leg injury" is not just a leg injury when the femoral artery is hit. The blood loss he sustained was obviously too much for his body to overcome. May he RIP.

Sad news , obviously.

 

Am I the only one not shocked that it was a Cane?

 

No.

 

Wilbon was saying something similar yesterday on PTI...he mentioned a few things that were disturbing to him about this, but he said the most disturbing thing was that it didn't surprise him. He didn't mention playing for the Canes, but he did mention Taylor's past.

 

Sad story...I figured with a leg would he'd be OK. But, I heard something last night around 8 or so that seemed to imply that his chances weren't good at all and they were hoping that somehow his youth and being in such great shape might be enough to pull him out of it. So, I figured at that point he may not make it. Again, just a really sad thing.

This guy was on my Fantasy team until this week when he didnt play I droped him. He was a good player.

 

 

RIP Taylor :cry:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.