Lincoln County at Highlands

RoadRunner

Who wins?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Right, no challenge yet. They were challenged 3 times this year. Trotwood Madison, Lex Cath (1st half), and Louisville Central. If you are not a HHS fan and are just making a generalization, you are forgiven. Trotwood were men among boys, but we proved to be a better "team." Lex Cath held HHS to little to no yardage in 1st quarter. May have even been negative yardage. HHS managed to start it up in 2nd quarter and continue it on through the 2nd half.

Central was by far the toughest game we had all year. I am not so sure that it was HHS playing bad like some have said, but more that Central is for real. They ARE still in playoffs and could win the whole thing. That game was tough and their coach called a good game. Its like he was tip-toeing around every HHS answer to what he was doing and seemed to have the answer 1 step ahead of our Birds up until about 7 minutes left in 4th when it was 13-0 Central. Can you say perseverence? I spoke to Zach Hurtt after the game and the look of relief that he had and the feeling of almost losing I think was a gut check for all of the Birds. Couldn't have happened at a better time. Go Birds, keep it up!!!! I am gonna have to go with Big Donny Weber's prediction last night on Countdown to Kickoff. I won't name a score, but let's just say I back his prediction.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, no challenge yet. They were challenged 3 times this year. Trotwood Madison, Lex Cath (1st half), and Louisville Central. If you are not a HHS fan and are just making a generalization, you are forgiven. Trotwood were men among boys, but we proved to be a better "team." Lex Cath held HHS to little to no yardage in 1st quarter. May have even been negative yardage. HHS managed to start it up in 2nd quarter and continue it on through the 2nd half.

Central was by far the toughest game we had all year. I am not so sure that it was HHS playing bad like some have said, but more that Central is for real. They ARE still in playoffs and could win the whole thing. That game was tough and their coach called a good game. Its like he was tip-toeing around every HHS answer to what he was doing and seemed to have the answer 1 step ahead of our Birds up until about 7 minutes left in 4th when it was 13-0 Central. Can you say perseverence? I spoke to Zach Hurtt after the game and the look of relief that he had and the feeling of almost losing I think was a gut check for all of the Birds. Couldn't have happened at a better time. Go Birds, keep it up!!!! I am gonna have to go with Big Donny Weber's prediction last night on Countdown to Kickoff. I won't name a score, but let's just say I back his prediction.

So you are going with Don Weber's prediction. Isn't this the same guy that thinks Highlands and CovCath are still playing in 3a.:lol: Don't get me wrong, i am picking the Birds to win.

What kind of team/program is Lincoln County? I think this picture speaks VOLUMES about the caliber of player/person Highlands faces tonite. Though I do not fear them, they DO have my RESPECT.

Go to this website (http://www.paintsvilleherald.com) and click SPORTS to view a great, heart-warming photo. His parents should be VERY PROUD! Below is the blurb from the photo:

Lincoln senior Josh Foister (25) strayed from the Patriots' celebration huddle to console Johnson Central's Nathan Dillon following Lincoln's 43-22 regional championship win in the Class 5A playoffs Friday at LCHS. The win advances the Patriots to the state semifinals against Fort Thomas Highlands this Friday at Highlands.