Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scotty Hopson NOT signing with Miss. State in the near future

Featured Replies

In a wild rumor week in Hopkinsville of possible transfers to coaching changes this rumor has been confirmed and turned out to be true.

 

Local TV station reports that sources close to Hopson and UHA say that Hopson has cancelled the signing for Friday Nov. 16 at the Blazer tipoff party. Hopson reportedly said there is no intent in signing in the near future.

Do you think he will be able to sign "better" than Mississippi State?

Do you think he will be able to sign "better" than Mississippi State?

 

Considering he's the #1 SG in the country I think he could probably do a little better.

 

What was his reasoning for choosing Miss St in the first place?

 

I guess I'll go ahead and ask it, Does Billy Clyde have anything to do with this decision????

Considering he's the #1 SG in the country I think he could probably do a little better.

 

What was his reasoning for choosing Miss St in the first place?

 

I guess I'll go ahead and ask it, Does Billy Clyde have anything to do with this decision????

Perhaps he verballed, with the intent of playing at Miss. State and to also, eliminate the constant recruiting process.
Considering he's the #1 SG in the country I think he could probably do a little better.

 

What was his reasoning for choosing Miss St in the first place?

Believe me, no one in Kentucky believes he's the best at any position in the country.

 

His AAU program has a lot of ties to Mississippi State ...

I watched Hopson play as a sophomore one time and while he was obviously talented, he wasn't the best player on his team that night and playing against Scott County he probably wouldn't have been on a starting lineup of the 5 best players in the gym. He is no doubt talented, but seemed to be real lazy. And, everything I have read about him over the past year or so seem to say the same thing. He must be a product of hype, or as you always hear in the NBA draft, he must have great upside.

Hopson is a Randy Moss type of player...when Moss was at Minnesota and Oakland...he plays when he wants too and takes a lot of plays off. But like Moss in the past he has the talent to be very good...just not the mentality.

Hopson is a Randy Moss type of player...when Moss was at Minnesota and Oakland...he plays when he wants too and takes a lot of plays off. But like Moss in the past he has the talent to be very good...just not the mentality.
Based on what i have seen, that is a very accurate observation.

Anything to the rumor that Louisville has entered the picture? According to Jody Demling, Pitino had an interesting comment Thursday about a "recuit that has decommitted."

 

Jody Demling

I saw Hopson last season in the All "A" Classic and was far from impressed. If he's waiting for an offer BETTER than Mississippi State, it might be a long wait.

I saw Hopson last season in the All "A" Classic and was far from impressed. If he's waiting for an offer BETTER than Mississippi State, it might be a long wait.

 

He can go pretty much wherever he wants. He's in the top 10 nationally on most recruiting services.

I agree that he is an underachiever for his high school team, but in the summer scene, everyone loves him. I hope he does a better job for Coach McCoy than he did for last year's coach at UHA...

He can go pretty much wherever he wants. He's in the top 10 nationally on most recruiting services.

I agree that he is an underachiever for his high school team, but in the summer scene, everyone loves him. I hope he does a better job for Coach McCoy than he did for last year's coach at UHA...

As long as he doesn't have to play against the Brossart '07 defense - he should be fine. lol

 

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

 

Six points against BBHS in the "A" Semis.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.