Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most embarassing UK loss of the last 25 years

What was the most embarassing UK loss of the last 25 years? 126 members have voted

  1. 1. What was the most embarassing UK loss of the last 25 years?

    • 1982 - MTSU 50 UK 44
      6%
    • 1984 - Georgetown 53 UK 40
      3%
    • 1990 - Southwestern State 116 UK 113
      1%
    • 2000 - Dayton 68 UK 66
      2%
    • 2002 - WKU 64 UK 52
      5%
    • 2004 - UAB 76 UK 75
      4%
    • 2006 - Kansas 73 UK 46
      18%
    • 2007 - Gardner Webb 84 UK 68
      53%
    • 1992 - Pitt 85 UK 67
      3%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

That can't be on the list. The immortal Rick was the coach and nothing he did could ever have been wrong.

 

I was 16 years old and I still remember Darren Morningstar just killing UK that night. I have been sitting next to the same people at Rupp since I was 10 and it took everything in me not to curse like a sailor that entire game. I have seen probably 35 of the 51 losses at Rupp and that one is the worst. What makes that loss worse than this one against GW is that UK team was really good. That 1991-92 team won the SEC, missed out on the final four because Rick didn't put Riddick on the inbounder Grant Hill...

  • Replies 79
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You just made the hssb man crush on Sean Miller a little more clear...

 

 

:laugh:

Rick Pitino was perhaps the most disappointed of anyone that night. He commented about wanting to take "his team" home to New York City but Pitt ruined those plans. UK had about a two-week layoff before playing Massachusetts, who they routed. Look for something similar with Coach Gillispie's bunch in a couple weeks.

 

I hope you are right. Not likely though.

I hope you are right. Not likely though.

 

I hope I'm right, too! There's about .01 the amount of talent on this team compared to the 1991-92 team.

I was 16 years old and I still remember Darren Morningstar just killing UK that night. I have been sitting next to the same people at Rupp since I was 10 and it took everything in me not to curse like a sailor that entire game. I have seen probably 35 of the 51 losses at Rupp and that one is the worst. What makes that loss worse than this one against GW is that UK team was really good. That 1991-92 team won the SEC, missed out on the final four because Rick didn't put Riddick on the inbounder Grant Hill...

 

I was a student a UK at the time. It was bad.

You just made the hssb man crush on Sean Miller a little more clear...
:jump:

I'm surprised the beatdown from Indiana in 2005 isn't on this list. It would have been my selection.

I'm surprised the beatdown from Indiana in 2005 isn't on this list. It would have been my selection.

 

 

That's a good call, and I'd put it near the top. But, for my money the easy one is when Kansas put up almost a buck fifty in beating the Cats by something in the seventy to eighty point range. It was Pitino's first year and Kansas won by a score of like 146-76.

This one, WITHOUT A DOUBT, sticks out to me. I was at UK then and remember the halftime score: UK 29 Gtown 22. So 11 points in the second half in the final four.

 

I don't get why this one is so embarrasing. It's in the final four, to the eventual National Champ (they won the final pretty easily). Georgetown was very talented. If the three for 33 number in the second half is correct (and it has to be close) that's bad, but players just missed shots. It can happen, I don't see the embarrasing part of that.

That's a good call, and I'd put it near the top. But, for my money the easy one is when Kansas put up almost a buck fifty in beating the Cats by something in the seventy to eighty point range. It was Pitino's first year and Kansas won by a score of like 146-76.

 

I was going to list that game too. It was 150-95 in 1989.

 

That team wasn't supposed to be able to win that many games, it was King Rick's first team after the Sutton saga. But they weren't supposed to lose by 55 to anyone either.

Each one of those losses at the time were embarrassing as I am a huge UK fan and do not like to lose. Our biggest loss was Rick Pitino who I still feel is one of the best Coaches in the Country and can build a team. However, we have Billy G and we need to support him. JD

Longtime lurker, first time poster.

 

The MTSU game was bad. Frist round of NCAA. I think we would have played UL in the second round if we had won. I remember UL had Beat Kentucky signs that had MTSU stamped over Kentucky.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.