Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most embarassing UK loss of the last 25 years

What was the most embarassing UK loss of the last 25 years? 126 members have voted

  1. 1. What was the most embarassing UK loss of the last 25 years?

    • 1982 - MTSU 50 UK 44
      6%
    • 1984 - Georgetown 53 UK 40
      3%
    • 1990 - Southwestern State 116 UK 113
      1%
    • 2000 - Dayton 68 UK 66
      2%
    • 2002 - WKU 64 UK 52
      5%
    • 2004 - UAB 76 UK 75
      4%
    • 2006 - Kansas 73 UK 46
      18%
    • 2007 - Gardner Webb 84 UK 68
      53%
    • 1992 - Pitt 85 UK 67
      3%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The KU game was pretty bad because the whole game was Vitale highlighting the weaknesses, which were very evident that day. That game at least was on some level excusable (not really, but still) because Morris yet back on the team.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for this game. :irked:

 

Geeeez.....Gardner Who?? They were a junior college a few years ago.

 

Until BCG stops experimenting with his starting lineup and puts his best team on the floor to start the game, then we will continue to see games like this. You start a mish-mash lineup and you're asking for it.

Experiment with lineups and send your messages about working hard in practice.....during the exhibition season!!

Just think about this line up

 

G Bradley

G Rondo

G Crawford

F Patterson

C Morris

No way would Bradley be the PG....If you wanted the best lineup of what "coulda been", you go with...

 

Rondo

Crawford

Meeks

Patterson

Morris

Just think about this line up

 

G Bradley

G Rondo

G Crawford

F Patterson

C Morris

 

4 out of 5 head cases ain't bad...

I'm surprised the beatdown from Indiana in 2005 isn't on this list. It would have been my selection.

 

I kinda look at the IU and KU losses in combo that season...and, IMO, they are the most embarassing for the Wildcats. Since only one is on the list, I'll vote for it.

 

A loss like Gardner Webb is certainly embarassing for a program like UK, but in today's college basketball they're becoming more common. Plus, you factor in a new coach, the team's second game after practicing for about 3 weeks and trying to integrate new players into roster...these things can happen.

 

The Indiana and Kansas losses were well into the season. Uninspired effort, and blowout losses to teams that weren't dominating, IMO...they were certainly good opponents, but not the type of teams that should beat you by 30 points. Those were the two most embarassing losses I've ever witnessed as a UK fan.

I was 16 years old and I still remember Darren Morningstar just killing UK that night. I have been sitting next to the same people at Rupp since I was 10 and it took everything in me not to curse like a sailor that entire game. I have seen probably 35 of the 51 losses at Rupp and that one is the worst. What makes that loss worse than this one against GW is that UK team was really good. That 1991-92 team won the SEC, missed out on the final four because Rick didn't put Riddick on the inbounder Grant Hill...

 

I think that might have been the most dissappointing one for me...if my memory serves me correctly, we were en route to the NIT in New York before that loss. I was so excited about UK going to the Garden and then Pitt trounced us.

Imo the loss last night to Gardner-Webb was the most embarrasing of the ones that you listed. No One had ever heard of these guys and they came in and flat out kicked our butt. U.K. was never in the ball game, very embarrassing.

 

Now having said that there is no "jumping off the Wagon" here or bashing. All U.K. can do is get back to work and get better..........and they will!

 

GO CATS!!

UK is not good enough this season (Do not have any marquee players & did not have very high expectations...at least not from non UK fans) for the loss to Gardner Webb to be considered "Most embarassing UK loss of the last 25 years".

 

The loss to Pitt in 1992 is the most embarrassing in my eyes. That team had Mash, Ford, Rhodes, Delk, Riddick, Prickett etc. on it. This team has, ummmm, Bradley, Crawford, Jasper & P Patt?

UK is not good enough this season (Do not have any marquee players & did not have very high expectations...at least not from non UK fans) for the loss to Gardner Webb to be considered "Most embarassing UK loss of the last 25 years".

 

The loss to Pitt in 1992 is the most embarrassing in my eyes. That team had Mash, Ford, Rhodes, Delk, Riddick, Prickett etc. on it. This team has, ummmm, Bradley, Crawford, Jasper & P Patt?

Delk, Rhodes were not on the team. Prickett was a Freshman, if that is who you are thinking of. Mash was just kicking off his sophmore campagin. Ford had just transferred in to the program. Mash was the only superstar at the time.

 

That one was bad because they were a top 5 team.

Delk and Rhodes were not on that team. Prickett was a Freshman. Mash was just kicking off his sophmore campagin. Ford had just transferred in to the program. Mash was the only superstar at the time.

 

That one was bad because they were a top 5 team.

 

My mistake.

I was a year ahead of time.

^ I stand corrected. I just checked the box score and it said UK was ranked #13 and Prickett was not in the boxscore. I was thinking it was top 5 for some reason.

 

I got my Prickett's and Pelphrey's confused. :lol:

 

Pelph was a player, Prickett was a Freshman I believe, but was not listed in the boxscore.

^ I stand corrected. I just checked the box score and it said UK was ranked #13 and Prickett was not in the boxscore. I was thinking it was top 5 for some reason.

 

I got my Prickett's and Pelphrey's confused. :lol:

 

Pelph was a player, Prickett was a Freshman I believe, but was not listed in the boxscore.

 

Prickett came in with Delk, Rhoads, McCarty and Dent (Juco). Their freshmen year was the 1993 season and the trip to the Final Four.

 

The '92 team had: Farmer, Pelphrey, Feldhaus, Woods, Martinez, Dale Brown, Travis Ford, Aminu Timberlake, Andre Riddick, and of course MASH.

Prickett came in with Delk, Rhoads, McCarty and Dent (Juco). Their freshmen year was the 1993 season and the trip to the Final Four.

 

The '92 team had: Farmer, Pelphrey, Feldhaus, Woods, Martinez, Dale Brown, Travis Ford, Aminu Timberlake, Andre Riddick, and of course MASH.

 

I guess that is a good reason he (Prickett) was not listed in the boxscore :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.