Kentucky 67 Central Arkansas 40

FBALL

:laugh::laugh: This is U.K., could we have another 18% starting? :eek::lol:

Speaking of which, at one point in the game, in reference to Central Arkansas' shooting percentage, one of the commentators noted, "18%... That's a great number for UK." What can I say? It made me laugh.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still looks like the same ol' offense to me. They do pass it a little better but still comes down to holding the ball to long the ndoing a pick and roll at the top of the key.

No comparison in the half court offenses of the past few years. Much better.

Speaking of which, at one point in the game, in reference to Central Arkansas' shooting percentage, one of the commentators noted, "18%... That's a great number for UK." What can I say? It made me laugh.

I actually heard that and thought about BGPreps...

Also, the announcers said the exact same paragraph 2 times during the broadcast. They had to have had it written down or something and forgot about saying it the first time. It was something like "This Central Arkansas team is going to be a little tougher in their conference this season... They have their backcourt back and have added a few big men into the mix."

Like I said with Tubby ball - I don't care about running, I care about winning. I don't care if its a defensive game every single game

:thumb::thumb: If we win I don't care if he comes out and runs the old "Princeton offense". ;) As a matter of fact, I really like the "Princeton offense".

I have to agree with BCG - "I like any style that Wins". :ylsuper:

Though I admit I was expecting very little to nothing from Mike Williams, he was better than I expected.

This team has a long way to go, but it's gonna be a fun watching them come together.

Williams appears to have a decent offensive game, he just needs to get better defensively to really get a lot of playing time........or have Patterson get in early foul trouble again.

Up and down performance...as expected.

They played decent defense...UCA just missed a bunch of open shots.

Hate to keep comparing this year to last year, but two things are night and day. Offensive movement and pressuring passing lanes.

They are getting open shots out of their offense through screens and movement. Once they get the post entry down consistently, they will open up some inside-out passing for perimeter shots.

Defensively, they are going to have to play help defense, but that should be a given. They may get beat off the dribble some, but ball pressure and pressuring wings should create some transition baskets.

Mark Coury is gonna be alright. Seems very intelligent on the court and doesn't try to do too much, he is just not physically gifted.

Alex Legion...saw some flashes out of him. His shot is reminiscent of Rashaad Carruth...flat trajectory. He is long as well and should develop into a nice wing defender.

Patterson...has to stay out of foul trouble....has to.

Some others played well some did not...that is the way it will be for a while.

Chuckled at all the substitutions the last 5 minutes of the first half...

Kentucky's harrasment of CA looked good. Central Arkansas made some pretty serious mental errors with the ball, and while some were unforced, many were caused by the Cats. I especially liked the way they turned defense into offense, something they'll need this season. Fouling is going to happen, as long as it's guards reaching in Kentucky will survive.

They did give up some open looks that a better club would knock down. For a first game, though, I thought Kentucky's defense looked like a strength. I know Kentucky's guards have faster feet than that.

Offensively, not so much. Post players got stuffed ugly twice (Patterson once and Stevenson once I think.) Passing looked pretty good. Zero assists and three TOs for Bradley. Shooting from Crawford (off the bench, and that was a reluctant move by Billy Clyde in my opinion) was a big boost.

If you just look at the stat sheet, Kentucky dominated rebounding, but Central Arkansas shot only 20% (they were really ugly in that catergory.) Watching the gameKentucky should have had a wider margin, IMO.

I noticed that, but the officiating was a little out of control tonight. They were nit picking a little too hard.

Fouling alot if pretty typical of a team that plays aggressive defense early in the season and that is trying very hard to impress the new coach. The good news is that they have plenty of depth at the guard position to foul away. The bad news, of course, is down low.

As long as they didn't change the out come of the game than I'm ok with it, it's early in the season for the zebra's too.

The stat that jumped out to me when I read the recap was that Kentucky held an opponent under 20 percent shooting for the first time since 1995 against Morehead? I believe that was team.

That is unbelievable. I know Central Arkansas is not Tennessee, but we all watched the game and the way Kentucky extended the defense out to the half court line getting two over and back court calls. The offense has been talked about, that defense was purdy darn impressive for a first game.

The stat that jumped out to me when I read the recap was that Kentucky held an opponent under 20 percent shooting for the first time since 1995 against Morehead? I believe that was team.

That is unbelievable. I know Central Arkansas is not Tennessee, but we all watched the game and the way Kentucky extended the defense out to the half court line getting two over and back court calls. The offense has been talked about, that defense was purdy darn impressive for a first game.

According to the radio, it was the lowest point total for a UK opponent since 1954.