Kentucky 67 Central Arkansas 40

FBALL

Didn't they also hold Cincy to twenty-something in a pre-shot clock game in the early 80's?

During the 1983-84 season Kentucky played Cincinnati. The Bearcats were coached by Tony Yates at the time, and he had his team really take the air out of the ball. Kentucky was loaded that year with the likes of Sam Bowie, Melvin Turpin, Kenny Walker,Dicky Beal, Winston Bennett, Jim Masters, James Blackmon . It was one boring ballgame that Kentucky won 24-11. It's a good thing that gametime was a young pup at the time, or he might have never been a UC fan.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During the 1983-84 season Kentucky played Cincinnati. The Bearcats were coached by Tony Yates at the time, and he had his team really take the air out of the ball. Kentucky was loaded that year with the likes of Sam Bowie, Melvin Turpin, Kenny Walker,Dicky Beal, Winston Bennett, Jim Masters, James Blackmon . It was one boring ballgame that Kentucky won 24-11. It's a good thing that gametime was a young pup at the time, or he might have never been a UC fan.

:thumb: I remember that as well now that you have mentioned it, I had forgotten about it. The game was like going through a root canal and/or watching paint dry.

Plus............I would had loved to seen/heard GT's analysis of that one :lol:.