Kentucky 67 Central Arkansas 40

FBALL

The offense is not the same... They hustle more, set better screens, and pass a lot more. Nobody is standing at the top of the key dribbling... They may not be putting up 100 a game, but the movement is there and the shot selection has improved...

Nobody ever said that Gillispie ran a fast paced offense... He plays hard nosed defense and lets that create the offense.

A lot of people were on here saying he did.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradley scares me.

Still a headcase, his tech foul cost us 5 points. Still turning the ball over. Seriously.

:thumb: I said the same thing when he got the "T". I hope that I am wrong but to me he is just a time bomb waiting to go off big one day.

Like I said, I hope that I am wrong and that Bradley will be a huge factor in a great season for the Cats ad not be a "problem child".

Why is Crawford not starting?

Does he need to get back in shape?

That's what BCG is preaching. He said in his postgame interview that Crawford's conditioning is what's keeping him from doing the things BCG wants him to do defensively.

Nobody who had ever watched his teams play, then.

:thumb: I agree, Billy Clyde's teams have played whatever style it takes to win. To me anyway he was much better known for great defensive teams. I like him a lot and am behind whatever style he plays at U.K. (I just want to Win). I do believe that he more than likely knows more basketball than any of us and knows his players and what they do or don't do in practice so I will trust in him to get the job done.

The stat that jumped out to me when I read the recap was that Kentucky held an opponent under 20 percent shooting for the first time since 1995 against Morehead? I believe that was team.

That is unbelievable. I know Central Arkansas is not Tennessee, but we all watched the game and the way Kentucky extended the defense out to the half court line getting two over and back court calls. The offense has been talked about, that defense was purdy darn impressive for a first game.

I absolutely agree here. Like you said..granted C.A. was not a good team by anyones strech of the imagination but holding a college b.b. team to 20% is impressive. JMO

That's what BCG is preaching. He said in his postgame interview that Crawford's conditioning is what's keeping him from doing the things BCG wants him to do defensively.

I agree with this as well, I heard in an interview a while back that BCG had said that there would be no set starting lineup. The ones that start will be the ones that perform in practice through the week and work like he (BCG) thinks they should be working. I like that :ylsuper:

Why is Crawford not starting?

Does he need to get back in shape?

Crawford is just a little over a month removed from having that minor knee surgery. He had to sit out alot of the early conditioning and parts of the "boot camp." I would say that we see him in the starting lineup in New York next week.