Kentucky 67 Central Arkansas 40

FBALL

I thought that the Cats looked fair to decent in this one. Was good to get the season opener under our belt. Coach Gillispie opens up with a win.

As for how imo we looked it was mixed. I liked the defensive pressure the Cats are imo going to have to get much better on the offensive/half court sets. U.K.'s offense tonight came off of their defense creating turnovers, that is great but not all opponets are going to be a as weak and fold under the Pressure like C.A. did. Well, maybe the opponet tommorrow night :D.

A lot of players played a lot of minutes, there were many substitutions. As for me I can't really get a feel for this team at all yet. I believe that is what most could say.

Overall it was a Win and there is no such thing as a bad Win.

Cats play Gradner-Webb tommorrow night and I think that we can beat both of those guys :D, it was GREAT to start another season of U.K. Wildcat Basketball! :flame:

"the Billy Clyde Gillispie Era of U.K. Basketbll has officially began":thumb::thumb:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well good first win for Bluegrass Billy. Defense played hard but we gave up WAY to many open shots tonight, luckily C. Arkansas couldn't really make much. Also are offense looked very shaky most of the game. C. Arkansas played pretty good defense on are guards for most of the game until the end when they seemed to wear down. Team definitely played hard though and I loved seeing that, and we Mr. Coury looked amazing. Hopefully he can do that or even come close to that when we play teams with some good inside players, because we need him too.

Also well once again I was very disappointed in Rupp areana. I was expecting a place for of energy tonight since it was the first real game of the season, and first game under a new coach. However it has been the same as always, dead for most of the game except when UK goes on runs...

Seriously? One game and we're already complaining about style? :rolleyes:

I think a lot of people didn't do their homework, and didn't realize that Billy G. wasn't really a fast pace style of coach either...

Also I don't believe we have seen that 4 guard offense much if at all this year, like many of people were saying we would use. I know as I said all year, I really don't expect us to use it that much...

Still looks like the same ol' offense to me. They do pass it a little better but still comes down to holding the ball to long the ndoing a pick and roll at the top of the key.

IMO this offense feeds of of the defensive pressure. As said in my earlier post that is great but imo we are going to have to get better on the half court "O" sets. All opponets are certainly not going to be this weak.

Gillispie has stated when ask what style of play that will he have...... "Any style that will win, I like pressure defense and up tempo but I wll also slow it down and play more of a half court game if need be".

I think a lot of people didn't do their homework, and didn't realize that Billy G. wasn't really a fast pace style of coach either...

Also I don't believe we have seen that 4 guard offense much if at all this year, like many of people were saying we would use. I know as I said all year, I really don't expect us to use it that much...

Like I said with Tubby ball - I don't care about running, I care about winning. I don't care if its a defensive game every single game, as long as we get back to the status of an elite program.