Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Past state champion with most losses?

Featured Replies

Newport Catholic had five losses last year. Bell County had five in 1991.

 

I think 3 of those Bell losses were later forefeits.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • gbballfan21
    gbballfan21

    2009 Paducah Tilghman was 4-6 in the regular season, and won the 3A state title.

  • Seems to me Belfy had a couple of teams that started the year off pretty rough and ended up winning it all.  I think in '21 they were 4-6 at the beginning of the playoffs.  

  • Unrivaled97
    Unrivaled97

    2010 Central was 4-6 in the regular season before winning state.

I would say luck, fortune, peaking at the right time lead all those "upset" champions to finish the job.

 

I'm sure Bourbon meshed at just the right time and if memory serves the sloppy fields didn't hamper their attack as bad as other teams.

 

The Corbin squad in '82 benefited with peaking at the right time and having Somerset get upset by Boyle in the district. The Jumpers had defeated the hounds something like 21-7 in the regular season.

I don't consider Trinity (in the past 30 years) beating anyone in Kentucky as an 'upset'. When they were 0-4 that season, who were those losses to? I am willing to bet they were not cupcakes!

 

MBA

Cincy X

Manual

Seneca

 

I was incorrect above when I stated that they beat an undefeated team. Their opponent was actually 3-1. Sorry for the mistake.

 

I am unaware of another instance of an 0-4 team beating the #1 team.

I don't consider Trinity (in the past 30 years) beating anyone in Kentucky as an 'upset'. When they were 0-4 that season, who were those losses to? I am willing to bet they were not cupcakes!

 

Wasn't that Brohm's senior season,ranked #3 in the nation preseason?

I believe it was the Tenn.reighning state champ,MBA if memory serves,another came by way of Cincy ST.X or Collerain,can't remeber which.But beating the undefeated #1 team in the state was no upset.In fact I do remember most of the BGP loyals calling that one,and the first three losses for that matter.

Wasn't that Brohm's senior season,ranked #3 in the nation preseason?

I believe it was the Tenn.reighning state champ,MBA if memory serves,another came by way of Cincy ST.X or Collerain,can't remeber which.But beating the undefeated #1 team in the state was no upset.In fact I do remember most of the BGP loyals calling that one,and the first three losses for that matter.

 

 

Not an upset? To one of the best teams X has ever had? (their words, not mine) All we heard after the game was that X was still the "better team". That game was a HUGE upset, thank you.

Not an upset? To one of the best teams X has ever had? (their words, not mine) All we heard after the game was that X was still the "better team". That game was a HUGE upset, thank you.

 

Both teams are phonominal,no doubt.At the same time,I can never call it an upset when these two meet.Just without a doubt the best game in the state,one of the best in the country.It's been a well known game in other states.That was one of the few times the winner didn't go undefeated.As I said,most called this one, and 3 of Trinity's losses.One of the toughest schedules I have ever seen.They started with both a TN powerhouse and an OH powerhouse.

I think 3 of those Bell losses were later forefeits.

 

4 of them were due to forefeits. Only loss was I belive to Corbin.

Not an upset? To one of the best teams X has ever had? (their words, not mine) All we heard after the game was that X was still the "better team". That game was a HUGE upset, thank you.
Revising history now, are we?
Not an upset? To one of the best teams X has ever had? (their words, not mine) All we heard after the game was that X was still the "better team". That game was a HUGE upset, thank you.

 

 

I think you are thinking of the 2005 St.X team. That was the only one that I heard that kind of consistent talk from.

Wasn't that Brohm's senior season,ranked #3 in the nation preseason?

I believe it was the Tenn.reighning state champ,MBA if memory serves,another came by way of Cincy ST.X or Collerain,can't remeber which.But beating the undefeated #1 team in the state was no upset.In fact I do remember most of the BGP loyals calling that one,and the first three losses for that matter.

 

 

We lost to MBA, Cincy St.X, Manual and Seneca that season.

 

I don't think many called the losses to Manual and Seneca that season.

According to this thread, some of the Highlands faithful are right.  Obviously a 4+ loss regular season does not necessarily doom a team from winning a state championship.  It looks like a couple past champions had as many as 5 regular season losses.  Those playoff runs had to be pretty amazing.  This thread was last updated in 2007.  Have there been any similar playoff runs since then?

I'm curious if a team with a losing regular season record ever won. Again not counting forfeits so keep that hubbub to a minimum.

7 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

I'm curious if a team with a losing regular season record ever won. Again not counting forfeits so keep that hubbub to a minimum.

2009 Paducah Tilghman was 4-6 in the regular season, and won the 3A state title.

Seems to me Belfy had a couple of teams that started the year off pretty rough and ended up winning it all.  I think in '21 they were 4-6 at the beginning of the playoffs.  

40 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

I'm curious if a team with a losing regular season record ever won. Again not counting forfeits so keep that hubbub to a minimum.

2010 Central was 4-6 in the regular season before winning state.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.