Past state champion with most losses?

I would say luck, fortune, peaking at the right time lead all those "upset" champions to finish the job.

I'm sure Bourbon meshed at just the right time and if memory serves the sloppy fields didn't hamper their attack as bad as other teams.

The Corbin squad in '82 benefited with peaking at the right time and having Somerset get upset by Boyle in the district. The Jumpers had defeated the hounds something like 21-7 in the regular season.

I don't consider Trinity (in the past 30 years) beating anyone in Kentucky as an 'upset'. When they were 0-4 that season, who were those losses to? I am willing to bet they were not cupcakes!

MBA

Cincy X

Manual

Seneca

I was incorrect above when I stated that they beat an undefeated team. Their opponent was actually 3-1. Sorry for the mistake.

I am unaware of another instance of an 0-4 team beating the #1 team.

I don't consider Trinity (in the past 30 years) beating anyone in Kentucky as an 'upset'. When they were 0-4 that season, who were those losses to? I am willing to bet they were not cupcakes!

Wasn't that Brohm's senior season,ranked #3 in the nation preseason?

I believe it was the Tenn.reighning state champ,MBA if memory serves,another came by way of Cincy ST.X or Collerain,can't remeber which.But beating the undefeated #1 team in the state was no upset.In fact I do remember most of the BGP loyals calling that one,and the first three losses for that matter.

I believe it was the Tenn.reighning state champ,MBA if memory serves,another came by way of Cincy ST.X or Collerain,can't remeber which.But beating the undefeated #1 team in the state was no upset.In fact I do remember most of the BGP loyals calling that one,and the first three losses for that matter.

Not an upset? To one of the best teams X has ever had? (their words, not mine) All we heard after the game was that X was still the "better team". That game was a HUGE upset, thank you.

Not an upset? To one of the best teams X has ever had? (their words, not mine) All we heard after the game was that X was still the "better team". That game was a HUGE upset, thank you.

Both teams are phonominal,no doubt.At the same time,I can never call it an upset when these two meet.Just without a doubt the best game in the state,one of the best in the country.It's been a well known game in other states.That was one of the few times the winner didn't go undefeated.As I said,most called this one, and 3 of Trinity's losses.One of the toughest schedules I have ever seen.They started with both a TN powerhouse and an OH powerhouse.

I think you are thinking of the 2005 St.X team. That was the only one that I heard that kind of consistent talk from.

We lost to MBA, Cincy St.X, Manual and Seneca that season.

I don't think many called the losses to Manual and Seneca that season.