What Potential Playoff Game Are You Most Looking Forward To?

Watusi

There are some very good potential matchups in the next few weeks and I wonder which ones are the most anticipated. Looking at the playoffs, what game are you most looking forward to?

I know, we're not supposed to look ahead. So this question doesn't have to be about your team, but it can be.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1A- Hazard/Pikeville. These two teams were in the same district alsts eason and the Panthers absolutely lit the Bulldogs up in the regular season, but in Round 2, the Bulldogs came into Pikeville and shocked the Panthers with a last second field goal.

2A- NCC/Corbin. I may take flack for saying this, but I honestly think that these are the top 2 teams in 2A this year. The 'Breds appear to be the class of 2A, but Corbin has been on fire since opening the season with a 21-0 loss at Belfry. Corbin has continually played up in class in knocking off a ranked 3A Somerset, 6A Dunbar, 5A South Laurel (a pretty solid football team), and 5A North Laurel, not to mention putting a pounding on a ranked 2A Middlesboro.

3A- Breathitt/Russell. Assuming this matchup happens, it will be a clash of two perennial mid-class heavyweights. Two legendary coaches. Two very different styles of offense. And two rabid fans bases.

4A- Bell County/LexCath. What appears to be the unanimous top teams in 4A will square off in the regional finals. Once again, a vast collection of athletes and solid programs will be on display.

5A- Bowling Green/John Hardin- Should essentially be for the honor of being the best in the West, Purples have been rolling since their narrow loss @ St. Matthews in the season's opening weeks. John Hardin is a bit of a mystery at 10-0, but has the opportunity to establish their program as a legitimate top team.

6A Trinity/X- KY playoffs don't seem right without the annual rematch.