Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 21 Highlands 7 (Freshman)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 113
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt thats the sole reason.

 

Actually it is. It was rough, we had to go straight from work to the game and sat in traffic afterwards. And, if you know me, I'm NOT skipping a meal which took precedence over posting about the game.

 

About the game, #10 and #22 for SK are really good. SK's offensive line was overpowering in the second half. #83, I believe made at least on really good catch over an HHS DB. SK deserved what they got tonight, an undefeated season and a Frosh Championship. Congrats to the boys....

 

As for HHS, proud of those kids. Felt much better leaving this game than I did leaving the last one, and we lost by 7 more points...

I hope he is okay. If anyone knows anything, please keep us updated.

 

I believe he broke his collarbone?????

GREAT job S.K. Looked like Coach Mueller was making all the calls for the Birds.

I hear JLo was in town.

I hear JLo was in town.

 

He didn't make the trip, has a lot of people to visit, and the players couldn't wear the wristbands because the logo was too big...:rolleyes:

He didn't make the trip, has a lot of people to visit, and the players couldn't wear the wristbands because the logo was too big...:rolleyes:

 

Well, it doesn't take away from the nice gesture on his part.

Well, it doesn't take away from the nice gesture on his part.

 

:thumb::thumb:

Wow! i didn't go to the first meeting but I was very impressed with SK. Their little noseman (53) just blew past our line like they were sitting still. SK blitzing the lbs. all night had HHS line frustrated. Their defense did an outstanding job. Crane, this may be a little premature, but I thought runs like Shawn Alexander did at Boone. He has a glide about himself that he isn't to quick to rush the holes, let them develop and off he goes. Great runner. Congrats SK for a great season. Enjoy it because it gets a lot harder down the road.

 

As for HHS, watching this game, you can these boys have matured a lot since the beginning of the season. Hopefully the ones that got injured can recover quickly and get ready for their next sport. I heard that they will be meeting with the Varsity tomorrow to talk about moving up. I hope they look at this as a Honor and that they join the Varsity in helping them win #17 this year. It will be a great experience for them. They need to know their role and sit back and learn. Actually it has become kind of a tradition that Dale likes to get either the starting O or D into the 1st round playoff game if possible to get their chops wet. Sorry Scott! No disrespect meant!

 

This years HHS players as a whole (Freshman to Seniors)are 36 and 4 on the freshman level. Not too shaby!

 

Go BIRDS!!!!

I doubt thats the sole reason.

 

Yeah it is!!!! It was horrible getting out of there. Great job Pioneers for such a great season. You guys really deserved it!!!!! Nice job by the announcer once again. I can't remember exactly but it went something like crane bounces right and then he bounces left and then he surges foward for the touchdown!!! That was classic:laugh:

Wow! i didn't go to the first meeting but I was very impressed with SK. Their little noseman (53) just blew past our line like they were sitting still. SK blitzing the lbs. all night had HHS line frustrated. Their defense did an outstanding job. Crane, this may be a little premature, but I thought runs like Shawn Alexander did at Boone. He has a glide about himself that he isn't to quick to rush the holes, let them develop and off he goes. Great runner. Congrats SK for a great season. Enjoy it because it gets a lot harder down the road.

 

As for HHS, watching this game, you can these boys have matured a lot since the beginning of the season. Hopefully the ones that got injured can recover quickly and get ready for their next sport. I heard that they will be meeting with the Varsity tomorrow to talk about moving up. I hope they look at this as a Honor and that they join the Varsity in helping them win #17 this year. It will be a great experience for them. They need to know their role and sit back and learn. Actually it has become kind of a tradition that Dale likes to get either the starting O or D into the 1st round playoff game if possible to get their chops wet. Sorry Scott! No disrespect meant!

 

This years HHS players as a whole (Freshman to Seniors)are 36 and 4 on the freshman level. Not too shaby!

 

Go BIRDS!!!!

 

Not to mention it gets them a varsity qtr. that locks them in to HHS if they wanted to transfer they would have to sit out 1 year.

 

 

Congrats SK and HHS!!!

Not to mention it gets them a varsity qtr. that locks them in to HHS if they wanted to transfer they would have to sit out 1 year.

 

 

Congrats SK and HHS!!!

 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not to mention it gets them a varsity qtr. that locks them in to HHS if they wanted to transfer they would have to sit out 1 year.

 

 

Congrats SK and HHS!!!

 

Darn your on to us!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just got back from the game (and Frisch's afterwards). Since I didn't get to see the first game, I was interested in seeing SK. Nice squad. This team following last year's team (which was also pretty good) should give the SK varsity a solid foundation for the next couple of years. Certainly the talent will be there.

 

I was also impressed with SK's O line. They did a very nice job opening holes and 22 ran hard through them. Congrats SK.

 

How about Ty Seidel? Great job taking over for Abner after he left in the second quarter with a broken collarbone. Ty performed very well in light of the fact he only got in two practices at qb after being out for multiple weeks with an injury himself.

 

Birds, it was a challenging year. Hopefully a lot of lessons were learned. We've had state championships won by seniors that had worse seasons as frosh. Its all up to you to decide if that will be the case with you. Are you willing to make the sacrifices necessary to be a Highlands football player? Are you willing to lead others to do the same thing and to stand up to those that aren't making the sacrifices and doing the right things? If enough of you are willing to do so, you'll win state your senior year. Your destiny is controlled by you.

^ I thought that might get a few chuckles.

 

But some schools do it just for that purpose.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.