Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 99 Pikeville 64

Featured Replies

I be honest I still trying to see where some people think Coury is going to be a good one. I mean I love his hustle, but I mean if people were going to get on Bobby Perry for his play at PF, then I don't see how people will like what he brings. I mean he is not the tallest guy, can't jump, and is slow. He is not going to create his own shot on offense, and will have a hard time finishing anything with bigger people on him. If we have to rely on him for much in the post this year, we are in trouble...

 

By the way I do hope I end up being dead wrong about him, and he ends up being a very big contributor to this team this year and years to come...

I agree totaly with you, but hopefully his effor pays off, because UK NEEDS him this year.

  • Replies 86
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I've been a UK fan for 30 years, but seeing how some of the UK fans act has made me decide to stop cheering for big blue and start cheering for a real team like Duke.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

J/K SA!!! :ylsuper:

 

I am shocked and kinda afraid we are cheering for the same time in a sport.... but if you are for UK, your for UK. The more the merrier.

  • Author
Gillispie teams are about as efficient as it gets on offense. While it won't be a lot of run and gun, they will score on most trips. The post is a major problem, and doesn't have much help on tap in 08 so far...

 

Don't write off Singleton yet....

Don't write off Singleton yet....

 

He has zero to do with my post. Good luck if you count on him as post help...

  • Author
He has zero to do with my post. Good luck if you count on him as post help...

 

A more athletic Stevenson but who can score can play the inside and pull up from the outside... he can play the 4 and Patterson could play the 5 next year. Averaged 19 points, 4 blocks, 11 boards last year he can play down more than likely. 6'8" 210.. Patterson is 6'9" 219 but stronger. A lot of teams are switching to that athletic hybrid center/PF instead of the traditional big banger. Not many Greg Odens in the world.

A more athletic Stevenson but who can score can play the inside and pull up from the outside... he can play the 4 and Patterson could play the 5 next year. Averaged 19 points, 4 blocks, 11 boards last year he can play down more than likely. 6'8" 210.. Patterson is 6'9" 219 but stronger. A lot of teams are switching to that athletic hybrid center/PF instead of the traditional big banger. Not many Greg Odens in the world.

 

Pretty clear you have never seen Singleton play. He's a wing that doesn't want to be forced in to a low post role...

  • Author

^

 

The book on him says he can score down low. If he doesn't wanna do it that might be a problem. I remember Sims saying the same thing. (He's now at Fresno State). But you said it yourself not much left in 08... just trying to find a short term fix. There is a new name floating around but this guy sounds fresh off the boat..... Aziz N'Diaye, know anything about him? I am hearing his stock is rising like Oil.. but a lot of ?'s on him.

Billy Clyde needs to see what kind of eligibility #55 for Pikeville has, we could use him he's a player. I was very happy with the effort from everyone. I wouldn't be calling Harris trash just yet,first real minutes give the kid a chance. I was impressed with the out of bounds play also, a layup after a time out imagine that. I hope Joes lazy butt got the message last night. I agree only having one legitimate post player will hurt us some, hopefully the hustle and team chemistry will make up for it.

Any idea why Williams and Carter didn't get in?

 

I'm not sure if Carter is healthy yet, but I don't why Mike wouldn't have gotten in unless it was a dicipline thing.

Meeks: was HOT!!!!

Bradly: overall good, need to take better care of the ball

Crawford good, like to see more.

Stevenson:nice showing

Patterson:Like that he runs the floor not like a morris type guy...could be UK's KG...

I be honest I still trying to see where some people think Coury is going to be a good one. I mean I love his hustle, but I mean if people were going to get on Bobby Perry for his play at PF, then I don't see how people will like what he brings. I mean he is not the tallest guy, can't jump, and is slow. He is not going to create his own shot on offense, and will have a hard time finishing anything with bigger people on him. If we have to rely on him for much in the post this year, we are in trouble...

 

By the way I do hope I end up being dead wrong about him, and he ends up being a very big contributor to this team this year and years to come...

 

Since I'm the only "people" that have said anything positive about Coury, let me clarify. In no way did I say UK would lean on him. I said that despite him being a walk-on and not playing last season , he will CONTRIBUTE sometime before he graduates. He's ahead of where I thought he would be.

 

Here's what I thought he did well last night:

 

Hit the open 15 footer.

Banged down low on D.

Hustled.

Passed the ball extremely well against the zone and on the high-low.

Played aggressively.

Posts up well.

 

Weaknesses:

 

Hasn't shown he can score in the post.

Foul-prone (didn't we just lose a center like that?)

Not going to score a lot.

 

He's nothing more than a role player but that's much more than anyone expected when we first saw his AAU picture last year.

Stevenson:nice showing

...

 

I completely disagree. While its ONE game, I saw no improvement on his game from last season. Still lets his man post him up. Still don't want him touching the ball. Still depends soley on his shot blocking which will continue to get him in trouble.

 

IMO he's nothing more than an athletic project.

Meeks was my favorite player last year and what a start he had last night. Now, he has to be prepared to use his speed to go by people when they start coming out on him behind the 3pt line.

 

Good effort from the players. They aren't in game shape just yet, but I was impressed with the effort.

 

I loved the ball movement and number of assists the team had.

Since I'm the only "people" that have said anything positive about Coury, let me clarify. In no way did I say UK would lean on him. I said that despite him being a walk-on and not playing last season , he will CONTRIBUTE sometime before he graduates. He's ahead of where I thought he would be.

 

Here's what I thought he did well last night:

 

Hit the open 15 footer.

Banged down low on D.

Hustled.

Passed the ball extremely well against the zone and on the high-low.

Played aggressively.

Posts up well.

 

Weaknesses:

 

Hasn't shown he can score in the post.

Foul-prone (didn't we just lose a center like that?)

Not going to score a lot.

 

He's nothing more than a role player but that's much more than anyone expected when we first saw his AAU picture last year.

 

Well said. I like his effort.

I completely disagree. While its ONE game, I saw no improvement on his game from last season. Still lets his man post him up. Still don't want him touching the ball. Still depends soley on his shot blocking which will continue to get him in trouble.

 

IMO he's nothing more than an athletic project.

 

I was very disappointed in Stevenson's play, not only his lack of physical play, but also his court awareness is not very good right now.

 

Patterson is a very good player who has a good feel for the game, but I'm at a loss at who will be able to help him on the inside this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.