Kentucky 99 Pikeville 64

Sportz Addict

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest noticeable difference I saw - the players were relaxed and comfortable doing what they do. Under the previous coaching staff, there seemed to be a general all around feeling that if you do anything wrong you'll be in "Tubby's doghouse." Everyone seemed alot more comfortable in playing the game tonight.

The biggest noticeable difference I saw - the players were relaxed and comfortable doing what they do. Under the previous coaching staff, there seemed to be a general all around feeling that if you do anything wrong you'll be in "Tubby's doghouse." Everyone seemed alot more comfortable in playing the game tonight.

I am going to pretty much echo these sentiments. There were a couple of plays where players made mistakes and I said to myself "uh oh, they're going to the bench" and they didn't. I'm just used to having that mindset of one mistake and you're out. I understand that this is an exhibition and he may coach the actual game situations differently, but I like seeing the players look relaxed.

I wouldn't say Pikeville is terrible, just out manned tonight. Which is to be expected facing a top tier D1 program like UK.

Pikeville has as many athletes on their team as anyone in the Mid South Conference. They'll be right there with Georgetown and Lindsey Wilson all season.

Just got back from the ballgame, the biggest plus I saw from this team was the effort. Even though they were playing an NAIA team, EVERYONE played hard while they were in the game. And if they weren't playing the way BCG wanted them too, they were out of the game really quickly. Great games tonight for Jodie Meeks and Patrick Patterson. This team might struggle against teams with a big post presence and when their perimeter shots are not falling.

Nonetheless a great way to start the year off, and I liked what I saw from the Cats and BCG.

I am going to pretty much echo these sentiments. There were a couple of plays where players made mistakes and I said to myself "uh oh, they're going to the bench" and they didn't. I'm just used to having that mindset of one mistake and you're out. I understand that this is an exhibition and he may coach the actual game situations differently, but I like seeing the players look relaxed.

I can tell that Bradley has really bitten into the philosophy. He appears more relaxed and hence, more in control. Crawford is actually taking good, squared up shots. I am happy with the improvements to this point. We have as good a trio of guards as anyone in the country. The test will be whether or not Patterson can man the middle in the SEC.