Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 99 Pikeville 64

Featured Replies

  • Replies 86
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

This team is one big man away from a VERY good ball club.

Meeks had 34 (7 first half 3 pointers)

 

Patterson had 21 points on 10/12 shooting & 8 rebounds

 

Ramel & Crawford had 15 each. Bradley also dished out a game high 9 assists

This was a little different than last year's team vs. the NAIA.

The biggest noticeable difference I saw - the players were relaxed and comfortable doing what they do. Under the previous coaching staff, there seemed to be a general all around feeling that if you do anything wrong you'll be in "Tubby's doghouse." Everyone seemed alot more comfortable in playing the game tonight.

Meeks looked good but Pikeville is terrible.

 

I wouldn't say Pikeville is terrible, just out manned tonight. Which is to be expected facing a top tier D1 program like UK.

The biggest noticeable difference I saw - the players were relaxed and comfortable doing what they do. Under the previous coaching staff, there seemed to be a general all around feeling that if you do anything wrong you'll be in "Tubby's doghouse." Everyone seemed alot more comfortable in playing the game tonight.

 

I am going to pretty much echo these sentiments. There were a couple of plays where players made mistakes and I said to myself "uh oh, they're going to the bench" and they didn't. I'm just used to having that mindset of one mistake and you're out. I understand that this is an exhibition and he may coach the actual game situations differently, but I like seeing the players look relaxed.

I wouldn't say Pikeville is terrible, just out manned tonight. Which is to be expected facing a top tier D1 program like UK.

 

Pikeville has as many athletes on their team as anyone in the Mid South Conference. They'll be right there with Georgetown and Lindsey Wilson all season.

Just got back from the ballgame, the biggest plus I saw from this team was the effort. Even though they were playing an NAIA team, EVERYONE played hard while they were in the game. And if they weren't playing the way BCG wanted them too, they were out of the game really quickly. Great games tonight for Jodie Meeks and Patrick Patterson. This team might struggle against teams with a big post presence and when their perimeter shots are not falling.

 

Nonetheless a great way to start the year off, and I liked what I saw from the Cats and BCG.

I am going to pretty much echo these sentiments. There were a couple of plays where players made mistakes and I said to myself "uh oh, they're going to the bench" and they didn't. I'm just used to having that mindset of one mistake and you're out. I understand that this is an exhibition and he may coach the actual game situations differently, but I like seeing the players look relaxed.

 

I can tell that Bradley has really bitten into the philosophy. He appears more relaxed and hence, more in control. Crawford is actually taking good, squared up shots. I am happy with the improvements to this point. We have as good a trio of guards as anyone in the country. The test will be whether or not Patterson can man the middle in the SEC.

Meeks with 34, Patterson with 21 or 22. I am loving it. I thought Meeks would come to the bench after getting hot then saw BCG over their instead of Tubby. At that point, I began to smile as Meeks stayed in and kept stroking the trey.

I saw the first half and was very impressed with Meeks.

It was an exhibition game against a bad team. Nothing more, nothing less.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.