November 1, 200718 yr Meeks: Impressive Stevenson: Don't see him ever contributing and is still embarrassingly skinny. M. Williams: Why didn't he play? Patterson: Good player...at the 4. Team: We NEED a 5.
November 1, 200718 yr Pikeville has as many athletes on their team as anyone in the Mid South Conference. They'll be right there with Georgetown and Lindsey Wilson all season. So true. They have 4 D-1 transfers.
November 1, 200718 yr I think we should give Stevenson a little credit for playing as well as he did.Three of five from the field and three of four from the line and six rebounds wasn't all that bad.He looked bad on a few plays but maybe when he gets some playing time things will improve.As for his weight,yes he is to thin but I'm sure they have tried to get some weight on him but some people can't gain any and he must be one of them.I remember a few skinny wildcats that eventually played pretty good and also at the next level.Give him some time and see what happens but to say things like he doesn't need to touch the ball at this point in time is silly.When that time comes if it ever does,coach will have him on the bench where he can't touch it for sure.
November 1, 200718 yr Good performance for the Wildcats. Just got to keep improving in practice every day. Under Billy G., I have no doubt they will. As some posters previously said, I found it great to see the players look more relaxed in their roles. The only time Billy G. has a quick hook is when he feels the players are not giving maximum effort. I thought Stevenson and Stewart both have that energy, even though A.J. played only 6 minutes.
November 1, 200718 yr Author Any idea why Williams and Carter didn't get in? I'm not sure if Carter is healthy yet, but I don't why Mike wouldn't have gotten in unless it was a dicipline thing. Williams sounds like another project I hope not... BCG wants to get guys in right now who he is actually going to have to use. Although I wanna see if he can do anything. Word is Carters confidence is at rock bottom.. this kid hasn't played bball in 2 years.
November 1, 200718 yr Why did TV guys call him William the whole game? Early in the game when the announcers were talking about him they said in high school he went by the name "Bo", but that he now says he wants to be known by his actual name, William. So, no more Bo. I expected a little more out of Legion in this game. I'd heard he had been tearing it up in pick up games all summer, and was an unbelievable shooter. I guess he was just nervous in his first game.
November 1, 200718 yr I can't wait til they only lose 11 and you have to eat crowe!!!:fight: I hope you are right, because as a 21 year season ticket holder I will be overjoyed if they do. I am just calling it as I see it!
November 1, 200718 yr Why did TV guys call him William the whole game? William is Bo's real name. I sat next to his dad at the game.
November 1, 200718 yr William is Bo's real name. I sat next to his dad at the game. I hope you didn't skip practice to be there.
November 1, 200718 yr Williams sounds like another project I hope not... BCG wants to get guys in right now who he is actually going to have to use. Although I wanna see if he can do anything. Word is Carters confidence is at rock bottom.. this kid hasn't played bball in 2 years. If Williams is a project, which it's safe to say he is, an exhibition against Pikeville is the perfect opportunity to get him some PT. Still curious as to why he didn't get any.
November 1, 200718 yr If Williams is a project, which it's safe to say he is, an exhibition against Pikeville is the perfect opportunity to get him some PT. Still curious as to why he didn't get any. Seems to me that they played the players that they actually believe are going to get the playing time this season. The practice time that this team gets before the regular season starts is extremely limited and he wants his main guys to get as much time as possible.
November 1, 200718 yr If Williams is a project, which it's safe to say he is, an exhibition against Pikeville is the perfect opportunity to get him some PT. Still curious as to why he didn't get any. It seemed as though Pikeville's center played out on the perimeter most of the time, which could have been part of the reason he did not get in.
November 1, 200718 yr I only watched some of the game, most of the first half to be exact, because I went to see 30 Days of Night because of Halloween, but Jodie Meeks looked 10 times better than last year, and I thought he was one of the ebst players on UK last year. He looked great. The way we shot the 3 point shot this game also is a MAJOR improvement from UK making 20% or something like that in a game.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.