Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin/Somerset predictions

Corbin vs. Somerset. Who wins? 115 members have voted

  1. 1. Corbin vs. Somerset. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Corbin meets with Somerset Briar Jumpers next Friday. This will be a hard fought battle. Who will win?

  • Replies 63
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbin 44

Somerset 20

Corbin is probably to good up front but Somerset will give them all they want. This would have been a great district Championship matchup.

Should be an offensive slug fest, but I think Corbin is just a little better on defense and that will be the difference.

 

Corbins 49

Somerset 38

Somerset is a little banged up, how about the hounds are they healthy?

Hounds look to be healthy and clicking on all cylinders. I'm pretty sure that Sanders is still out. He would be a huge addition to the D and is a fine change of pace back. He played the first snap against Leslie but I think it was due to Senior Night. I don't know when or if he will return. His injury took place early in the season and they've played without him through most of this stretch. If he comes back, it just adds another scary dimension to the Hounds. What are the injuries to Somerset?

Sanders is cleared to play now. Dont want to risk anything if they don't have too.

I think it will be a good game but Corbin will wear them down late. Special teams could be a danger. We'll have to kick away from Cole.

I'm glad to hear that Josh has been cleared to play. He is definitely a game changer. What was the actual diagnosis to his injury? I never have heard a clear word on that. I agree with kicking away from Cole. Corbin has some good DB's but they haven't met anyone as good as Cole since probably the Breathitt game in the 02 State Championship. I would think that the staff will have Corbin try to get a good pass rush and keep the heat on the Jumpers like they did against Chris Todd of E-Town. That should force the Somerset QB to force throws. I've not seen Somerset so I'm only going by word of what I've heard but that is Corbin should be able to handle the O Line of the jumpers. One good advantage is that they see a dangerous passing game every day in practice with Cashen.

Ah come on kick to John, give him a chance.

Corbin is probably to good up front but Somerset will give them all they want. This would have been a great district Championship matchup.

 

Which is probably one reason the Jumpers chose to play in a different district.

Somerset has been rolling along merrily since the Metcalfe County loss. But, considering the competition, they should have been rolling along.

 

I just don't see the Jumper defense having enough balance to stop the Hounds, and although the Jumpers should put up some points, I can't see them scoring enough to outduel Corbin in this one.

Somerset has been rolling along merrily since the Metcalfe County loss. But, considering the competition, they should have been rolling along.

 

I just don't see the Jumper defense having enough balance to stop the Hounds, and although the Jumpers should put up some points, I can't see them scoring enough to outduel Corbin in this one.

 

I agree:thumb:

Corbin has been rolling, this could be a big upset game if injuries or turnovers go againest Corbin, but IMO the Redhounds will win.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.