Corbin/Somerset predictions

Corbin vs. Somerset. Who wins?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Corbin vs. Somerset. Who wins?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... Corbin is pretty good I'll grant that. But having seen Coles the last 2 years he is a great equalizer. You could play man under with help over the top, but its not the deep ball he will kill you with. Somerset runs one of the best screen games to wideouts I've seen at the HS level. If they are able to get the ball to Coles in space it could be Katie - bar- the -door, he is that good. If this was at Corbin I'd pick the hounds, but at the patch Somerset is tough....I'll say 28-24 Somerset and buck the odds here.

Ok... Corbin is pretty good I'll grant that. But having seen Coles the last 2 years he is a great equalizer. You could play man under with help over the top, but its not the deep ball he will kill you with. Somerset runs one of the best screen games to wideouts I've seen at the HS level. If they are able to get the ball to Coles in space it could be Katie - bar- the -door, he is that good. If this was at Corbin I'd pick the hounds, but at the patch Somerset is tough....I'll say 28-24 Somerset and buck the odds here.

Corbin has had trouble defending the screen(i.e. South Laurel, Owensboro Catholic), so I would look for Somerset to hit Corbin with a healthy dose of it Friday night. Should be a good game between two good teams.

Corbin 34 Somerset 28

:devil:

It gets sooooooooooooooo ooooooold. Give the Jumpers their due. They are a small school that plays pretty good football, end of discussion on that.

Now Corbin is so good that they'll handle John Cole without any problem by doubling up on him. Somerset doesn't have anybody else that can play. They have no defense, no special teams and they play a bunch of nobodies. Corbin, just bring the JVs because your district is so good and you went through them without a glitch. I feel sorry for Somerset. I heard that they aren't practicing this week because they know they don't have a chance.:D

:

:devil:Take it easy on the Jumpers Maroonmadness. I saw your game with the Jumpers and it seemed that several of the jumpers players played well against you. I know that you guys finally got the win, but to say that they have no other players is MOROONIC or is it MORONIC I get the 2 mixed up? I am sure that the Jumpers will bring their A Game and whether they can overcome a VERY good Corbin squad will be seen on Friday, but if you don't straighten up I may call the Patriots down to teach you a lesson. Go Rock, Go SHS and GO PC. Too bad about SWHS thought they would be better than that.

John Cole is the real deal...if given the chance he alone will win the game...he is that good. I look for Corbin to try to disguise their coverage in order to keep this explosive player in check, but you can't keep a great one tied up all night. Being at home gives the Jumpers an advantage as well. Does Corbin maintain focus??? Can Corbin slow down John Cole??? Will the QB have to run for his life??? These questions will determine the outcome of this game, and I'll have to say I like Somerset's athletes, but Corbin is pretty deep.

CHS - 42

SHS - 35

Just curious, you have Corbin winning here but voted for Somerset in the poll . . . are you saying its anybody's game?

Yes it is a tossup...given the newer info. on injuries etc...I have to go with Corbin...Cole is too good to be contained...and if you double up on him someone else will make plays. ALL defenses have holes no matter how solid the scheme...and those holes get bigger if you have to double up on one great player...with that said many have said SHS is minus some linemen...that will certainly level the playing field due to the quality of Corbin's OL/DL...thus the prediction.