88 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win, Dayton or Bellevue?

• Dayton
    • Bellevue

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of you can throw out your score and record comparisons. This is a game when you throw all of that out the window. The advantage here probably goes to DAyton simply because they are playing on their home field and that is all.

Both teams have very good teams and it will be dogfight. Here are my thoughts on what both teams need to do to win.

Bellevue

They need to run the ball consistently and keep their turnovers to a minimum. With Buckler and Hatch being sophomores in the backfield and it being midseason you can no longer call them youngsters. They need to be young Men this week and take care of the ball and follow their blocks.

The Defense needs to get after the Dayton QB and cause disruption possibly by running some stunts periodically.

Special teams will be key for Bellevue also. Covering punts and kickoffs is key because Dayton has some athletic kids with speed.

Dayton

They need to force turnovers and hope Bellevue puts the ball in the air so the Bermuda Triangle can go to work.

Keep their crowd in the game by making plays and capitalizing on them.

Give Sherlock protection so he can find his recievers. Dayton's line seems to be playing well this year so that may be key for them.

Stop the RUN !!! Bellevue will run the ball probably 8 out of 10 times and they should know its coming.

This will be an awesome game between two very good Class A schools. I am proud to say I was a part of many Bellevue/Dayton games and I am glad to see both programs having great years. Wish them both the best but hoping my Tigers come out on top.

This will be one of the greatest games in the state. Obviously a huge rivalry that goes way back. This will be a hell of a way to start the battle for the paddle tradition. Dayton has a very good team, but so does Bellevue. I think Bellevue will come out with all cylinders firing, while Dayton will be all hopped up on Homecoming Fever.

Bellevue 32

Dayton 23

Whoever has the least amount of players ejected will win this one!! W/such a heated cross-town rivalry, tempers will be flying and probably so will those yellow flags.

Good luck to both!

Defently a heated rivary, but usually a cleany played game. Dont see any ejections in this game.

Whoever has the least amount of players ejected will win this one!! W/such a heated cross-town rivalry, tempers will be flying and probably so will those yellow flags.

Good luck to both!

You obviously do not know much about this rivalry because I have never heard of or been involved in a game where someone was ejected. Maybe you were just trying to describe the game being a heated match which it will but nobody should conduct themselves in a way where they would get ejected. The coaches on both sides are too good and disciplined to allow that to happen.

You might see some people in the stands get ejected though. :D

I can remember many, many, many fights in the crowd or outside the stadiums after the game but on the field it will be clean.

The refs know coming into this game about how deep this rivalry is...so they will make sure they get control early and will not hesitate to call the captains together to get things in order.

I agree there, this will be heated and there will be some kids on both sides of the ball that dont care for each other but I still think it will be a clean game. I think Dayton and Bellevue as programs have come a long way and sportsmanship will be exemplified by the players. Now if we can just get the Band to be quiet when the Tigers have the ball. :fight:

Bellevue wins this one. Bellevue is in much better shape than Dayton. Bellevue has worn out teams with the conditioning factor. :banana::banana::banana:

Dayton is in great condition, they have beat many teams in the forth quarter. Bellvue either won big or lost hard, with the exception of Newport.