88 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win, Dayton or Bellevue?

• Dayton
    • Bellevue

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen both teams multiple times I give the Greendevils the edge especially playing at home. Bellevue could win, but some things would have to happen the right way. I'm thinking nerves play a big part in this one and it might get sloppy at times.

Breakdown of The Battle for the Paddle:

Bellevue run D: Pretty good actually especially when not against a larger team. Sometimes can give up the big play, but pretty solid overall.

Bellevue pass D: Average. Not really a shutdown type secondary against an accomplished passing attack, but they can handle the average passing attack.

Bellevue run O: Fairly consistant although a good run defense can shut them down. Backs aren't real big or fast and have put it on the ground, but the o-line usually gets them positive yards.

Bellevue pass O: Not very developed and not effective in obvious passing down and distance.

Dayton run D: Slightly above average if front seven is not over-matched. Some quickness and blitz schemes that work.

Dayton pass D: Slightly above average but will give up some yardage to a well-developed passing offense.

Dayton run O: I really like the emerging fullback although they don't use him enough. The rest are tough runners but sometimes teams stack the line and can take the run away.

Dayton pass O: Getting better although the QB gets too much pressure and is not as experienced since he hasn't started all year. Most of the passing yards come from the yards the receivers gain after catching the ball, not on the actual pass.

Special teams: Neither has much of a kicking game. PATs are not automatic, and the punting is about average at best. Dayton punt and KO return rates a slight edge. Bellevue kick cover rates a slight edge.

Home field might be huge in this one and if the weather holds I'll predict this might be the most fans in attendance in quite some time.

WOW. How can you say that? This is a pretty even game and Bellevue beat Ludlow by way more then Dayton did. Tigers in this one.:ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper:

Not even close to bein a even game. Besides NCC who was Bellevue even played thats is good ? Newport (1-4), Bishop Brossart (0-5), Ludlow (2-4), Bracken (1-4) , Paris (0-5). IMO Bellevue's schedule has not been to tough. I think most people would agree with me on that. Bellevue has not played any one anywhere close to good as Dayton all year and will not be ready for them at all. As for the Ludlow game i would say the Green Devils didnt have there best one. The point ratio stuff dont mean anythng and if you wont to get technical Newport got beat by Lloyd something like 22 to 7 and Bellevue only beat Newport by like 7 points or something and every one knows what happend to Lloyd last night by Dayton.

Not even close to bein a even game. Besides NCC who was Bellevue even played thats is good ? Newport (1-4), Bishop Brossart (0-5), Ludlow (2-4), Bracken (1-4) , Paris (0-5). IMO Bellevue's schedule has not been to tough. I think most people would agree with me on that. Bellevue has not played any one anywhere close to good as Dayton all year and will not be ready for them at all. As for the Ludlow game i would say the Green Devils didnt have there best one. The point ratio stuff dont mean anythng and if you wont to get technical Newport got beat by Lloyd something like 22 to 7 and Bellevue only beat Newport by like 7 points or something and every one knows what happend to Lloyd last night by Dayton.

Well Bellevue beat Ludlow 35 to 21. Dayton only beat them 19 to 14 so we'll see what happens on friday.

This game is going to be huge for both teams, it is one if not the biggest rivaly in Kentucky football. Both teams come in with very good records for the first time in a long while. This will be a very smash mouth football game which I believe will favor the Tigers in the long run. The Tigers win this is a close one Tigers 26 Devils 20

First off how can you say Bellevue's defense is only average when i believe they have had very few passes thrown on them that even are meaningful... Scondly this game will come down to the final drive.. Go Bellevue get that paddle lol....

Because they are giving up an average of 275 yards a game and that's to teams that don't have very good offenses.

The only good offense they have faced was NCC and in that game the QB was pulled with 7:30 to go in the second quarter. Additionally, NCC didn't even get to go on offense very much because the Bellevue offense threw 2 INTs for TDs and allowed a fumble recovery for a TD.

Dayton takes this one, and gets the paddle for the first time. Personally trying to compare the wins dayton has and the wins bellvue has is not possible. Dayton has played a MUCH harder schedule thus far, and this will give them the advantage in a game where records and talent is thrown out the door. This game is pure emotion, but the close games that dayton has won will give them the edge in the 4th quarter, plus coming off of the big game agains Lloyd.

Dayton 33

Bellvue 20

I dont see neither team being very good at PAT's lol