Mt Sterling Retro game

pittswann

This friday Montgomery County will dress up like the 1969 Mt. Sterling Trojans. Alumni from the old school raised the money to buy new helmets, jerseys, and pants to be worn on friday night. After the game the people that donated money will be given the uniform. It was a way to remember the 1969 state champions. The schools combined in 1976. It should be an exciting night with what is expected to be one of the largest crowds ever at Montgomery County.

Sounds like a great idea! I hope everyone participating enjoys it. I do hope they are using equipment built to todays standards changing just the look.:thumb:

Really, they don't need no single bar facemasks on the helments:p a really cool idea IMO, but the cost of uniforms for one game will cost alot.

Really, they don't need no single bar facemasks on the helments:p a really cool idea IMO, but the cost of uniforms for one game will cost alot.

If they could auction them off for charity or for new computers in the school or something like that, it would be a very worthy cause. I love the idea of a throwback game, though!